2 [5.71%]
4 [11.43%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Solitary Star
    Posted: March 25 2010 at 14:49
Blatantly stealing this idea from Robert's poll, here are a few studio albums that I absolutely detest. I'm going to leave out all of the terrible compilations, and just go for studio releases. All of these albums have some people that will stand by their side, though some albums have fewer fans than others.

So vote for your favorite of these 1-star albums (in my opinion). Don't make a big fuss about me not liking one of your favorite albums; it will entirely destroy the intention of creating this thread.  Example...

FANBOY: OMG!! u are such n00b at prog. u = epic fail.
ME: *shoots him*

Tongue

Vote on!!!!

-Jeff

Edited by J-Man - March 25 2010 at 18:34

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Rune2000 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:26
I won't vote because all of these albums deserve their low ratings! Thumbs Up
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:31
I can perfectly agree on someone disliking Mars Volta albums no. 3 & 4, or even all their music in general, but I can draw some pleasure from any of their albums, even the worst ones, so they get my vote Smile
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:38
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Don't make a big fuss about me not liking one of your favorite albums; it will entirely destroy the intention of creating this thread.  Example...

Oh no you don't.  If you want to make this thread, you have to have the nads to take the virtual asskickings you shall receive.

So, that said, I'll start.

You are an absolute NUMBSKULL for rating The Bedlam in Goliath one star.  You shouldn't even be a collaborator!  What is your function as a collaborator anyway?  Are you the collaborator of the Jackass Team?  Oh wait, pardon me- you're a Special Collaborator.  Well la-di-fricken-da.  Good thing you have that tag, because you're certainly SPECIAL all right.  If I pushed your brain down a razor blade it would look like a pea rolling down a four-lane highway.  Geezus, as Harry would say.  What are you smoking dude?  Hell, I bet if you got hired at the M&M factory, you'd be fired the next day for throwing away all the Ws.  Good Lord.  I mean seriously, we need a separate forum just for people like you.  And another thing- everything about you is so unoriginal.  I mean look at this thread.  You shamelessly admit plagiarizing it, probably from some upstanding, handsome, ingenious, model member of this forum.  Now look at your avatar.  It's an album cover from a record everybody is tired of hearing, no joke.  It isn't that great of an album to begin with.  I mean Gabriel is so awful, he had to sneak his singing onto "Apocalypse in 9/8."  Hackett was smarter than Banks though, because he recorded an acoustic guitar piece and hid that sh*t good before Gabriel got an opportunity to ruin it with his horrendous voice.  No wonder they didn't get famous until Collins stepped up.  And speaking of Hackett, there he is in your poll.  Till We Have Faces.  Not only is that a stupid title (what planet is he living on where we don't have faces?), but it's ripped off from a CS Lewis novel.  Damn, J.  Even the title of one of your poll choices is plagiarized. So, progressive metal team huh?  Yeah, all you clowns are the same: OMG JOHN PETROOCKY CAN PLAY LIK 900 GAZILON NOTES A SEKUND XD!  Yeah, but I'll bet he can't make decent grits.  See, now who looks useless?  Speaking of progressive metal, I see good old Torman Maxt is in your poll.  Love the title of that album, by the way.  The Problem of Pain.  You know what the problem of pain is?  IT'S FRIGGIN PAINFUL!!!  Dumbasses.  Did you know you share a birthday with Dean Cain?  He's such a crappy actor.  Now had you not been a lazy ass and came out a day earlier, you would have shared a birthday with Kate Bush, Buddy Guy, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Now that's a happy birthday.  Instead, you share a birthday with Disney star Eric Lively and also with Jim Corr.  I'll bet jampa knows who Jim Corr is.  But jampa's way cooler than you'll ever be. His avatar and his signature is a hot chick.  Yours has a fox wearing a red dress.  Really J?  A fox wearing a red dress?  Is this what you think about late at night?  Holy crap.  In summary, I don't like the cut of your jib.  Good day, loser.
LinusW View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:40
I think you got your point across, Robert. But now it's definitely time for your medicine. No! No! No. Don't be afraid...we just want to help you...

Edited by LinusW - March 25 2010 at 15:42
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:45
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Don't make a big fuss about me not liking one of your favorite albums; it will entirely destroy the intention of creating this thread.  Example...

Oh no you don't.  If you want to make this thread, you have to have the nads to take the virtual asskickings you shall receive.

So, that said, I'll start.

You are an absolute NUMBSKULL for rating The Bedlam in Goliath one star.  You shouldn't even be a collaborator!  What is your function as a collaborator anyway?  Are you the collaborator of the Jackass Team?  Oh wait, pardon me- you're a Special Collaborator.  Well la-di-fricken-da.  Good thing you have that tag, because you're certainly SPECIAL all right.  If I pushed your brain down a razor blade it would look like a pea rolling down a four-lane highway.  Geezus, as Harry would say.  What are you smoking dude?  Hell, I bet if you got hired at the M&M factory, you'd be fired the next day for throwing away all the Ws.  Good Lord.  I mean seriously, we need a separate forum just for people like you.  And another thing- everything about you is so unoriginal.  I mean look at this thread.  You shamelessly admit plagiarizing it, probably from some upstanding, handsome, ingenious, model member of this forum.  Now look at your avatar.  It's an album cover from a record everybody is tired of hearing, no joke.  It isn't that great of an album to begin with.  I mean Gabriel is so awful, he had to sneak his singing onto "Apocalypse in 9/8."  Hackett was smarter than Banks though, because he recorded an acoustic guitar piece and hid that sh*t good before Gabriel got an opportunity to ruin it with his horrendous voice.  No wonder they didn't get famous until Collins stepped up.  And speaking of Hackett, there he is in your poll.  Till We Have Faces.  Not only is that a stupid title (what planet is he living on where we don't have faces?), but it's ripped off from a CS Lewis novel.  Damn, J.  Even the title of one of your poll choices is plagiarized. So, progressive metal team huh?  Yeah, all you clowns are the same: OMG JOHN PETROOCKY CAN PLAY LIK 900 GAZILON NOTES A SEKUND XD!  Yeah, but I'll bet he can't make decent grits.  See, now who looks useless?  Speaking of progressive metal, I see good old Torman Maxt is in your poll.  Love the title of that album, by the way.  The Problem of Pain.  You know what the problem of pain is?  IT'S FRIGGIN PAINFUL!!!  Dumbasses.  Did you know you share a birthday with Dean Cain?  He's such a crappy actor.  Now had you not been a lazy ass and came out a day earlier, you would have shared a birthday with Kate Bush, Buddy Guy, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Now that's a happy birthday.  Instead, you share a birthday with Disney star Eric Lively and also with Jim Corr.  I'll bet jampa knows who Jim Corr is.  But jampa's way cooler than you'll ever be. His avatar and his signature is a hot chick.  Yours has a fox wearing a red dress.  Really J?  A fox wearing a red dress?  Is this what you think about late at night?  Holy crap.  In summary, I don't like the cut of your jib.  Good day, loser.

LOL I can always count on you, Robert! LOL

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:46

LOL I can always count on you, Robert! LOL

Only the ones we love.  Wink  Hug
UndercoverBoy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:52
Bedlam in Goliath, easily.  Only close-minded DT fans can't understand the brilliance of The Mars Volta.  Noob.Tongue

Edited by gottagetintogetout - March 25 2010 at 15:53
Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:52

I don't have all titles from this list but it looks like a pretty weak collection of albums indeed.

I would only make an exception for "The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath", which has its issues (I agree with many points in your review) but still deserves 3 stars or something.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 15:59
Originally posted by Bonnek Bonnek wrote:

I don't have all titles from this list but it looks like a pretty weak collection of albums indeed.

I would only make an exception for "The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath", which has its issues (I agree with many points in your review) but still deserves 3 stars or something.

I actually hated that album first several times.  I hated The Mars Volta the first several times I heard them.

However, I found that by listening to The Bedlam in Goliath at a lower volume, I really began to enjoy it.  It's still by far my least favorite album from the band, but it retains four stars from me.

Edited by Epignosis - March 25 2010 at 16:04
UndercoverBoy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:05

However, I found that by listening to The Bedlam in Goliath at a lower volume, I really began to enjoy it.  It's still by far my least favorite album from the band, but it retains four stars from me.
Full volume is the best way to listen to Bedlam in Goliath.  Just sayin'.Wink
Alberto Muņoz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:09
i think that the olny thing that deserve one star in all manners is this:

J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:12
Originally posted by gottagetintogetout gottagetintogetout wrote:

Full volume is the best way to listen to Bedlam in Goliath.  Just sayin'.Wink

NO volume is the best way to listen to The Bedlam In Goliath. Just sayin' Wink

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:15
No vote. I don't have any of these albums and probably never will although my daughter wants to get "Bedlam In Goliath", so if she does i'll check it out.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:19
I guess I should count myself lucky I've only heard one of them. LOL
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:19

I actually hated that album first several times.  I hated The Mars Volta the first several times I heard them.

See! With age comes wisdom Tongue
Volume is very much the issue with this album. This production (mastering) makes your ears split.

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:42

See! With age comes wisdom Tongue
Volume is very much the issue with this album. This production (mastering) makes your ears split.

Yes, but I love Vapor Trails from Rush in spite of all that.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:52
Macochist that I am, I can take a lot of pain, so I have little problem voting for Torment maxed.
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 17:45
Voted for GLASS HAMMER...half of the album is very cheesy and uninspired while the other holds some quite interesting moments...Not that bad.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
Lizzy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 17:50
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

I guess I should count myself lucky I've only heard one of them. LOL

Same here!LOL
And on that note, i really feel like defending News of the World: sure Queen are mainly known for the hits (and here we have two mammoth sized examples: We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions), but the albums do not disappoint either. NOTW is among those last albums that enter the Classic Queen category. It is just another proof that they were one of the most versatile bands ever: jumping from punk (Sheer Heart Attack) to psych (Get Down Make Love), from blues (My Melancholy Blues) to hard rock (the beautiful It's Late) and so on. And the best part is that despite this pretty dubious combination of genres, the album still remains solid.
Of course the album as a whole would be ranked as prog related, but it's definetly worth at least 3 stars by prog standars. Wink
Property of Queen Productions...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>