Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrilogy:Friday Rockshow Session

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trilogy:Friday Rockshow Session
    Posted: April 25 2010 at 15:10
Hi

I`m new here and thought someone may be able to help.

Back in the early `80`s I remember a session on the Friday Rockshow by a band called Trilogy.  They did songs called Arctic Life, Necrosleep and A Legion in Morocco.

i had a tape of this back in the mid `80`s and let it to a guy at college who managed to record over the 1st 2 tracks !!!!!

Does anyone know anything about this band??  I think they toured with Pallas and Solstice.

i`ve searched high and low for any reference to them and have drawn a complete blank.
Can anyone help?

cheers

Mick
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 06:33
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 08:06
Nice thread this, and a great link there from chopper Clap.

I was a huge fan of the 80s Prog Rock Revival and I have cassettes by loads of these Tongue.

I remember Trilogy well, nice band, a 3-piece in a sort of early 80s Rush style.  Arctic Life (the cassette) is one I have and it's excellent.  I liked those Gothique tapes too, they were a really interesting band.

Probably the rarest I have are the cassettes by Steve Wilson's old band Karma.  I did SW's merchandising then so I got to hear some real rarities which never saw the light of day...

I'd love an album full of As Above So Below material.  I have some stuff of theirs and by God they were good.   
mickb2112 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 09:13
Thanks for the link Chopper

I tried this link a while back and didn`t get a response unfortunately. It`s a shame as he has some great stuff there.

I`m really suprised so few people knew of Trilogy, there was a real Rush Moving Pictures era style to their music and all I have of them is two and a half tracks (one was partiailly recorded over by a mate in the mid `80`s who had borrowed it) and I`d love to track anything down about them or find at any info at all about the band.

I tried getting in touch with Tommy Vance and Tony Wilson of the Friday Rockshow befroe they passed away with no luck.

Are these the most obscure band of all time??!!??

cheers

Mick
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 11:00

I very much remember Trilogy along with the all the other eighties neo prog set (IQ,Marillion,Pallas,Pendragon etc) and also the session for the Friday Rock Show.

Didn't they use to open their gigs with the theme to Stingray (originally The Barry Gray Orchestra)? I think they also had a go at the Thunderbirds theme (but stand to be corrected on both accounts)
aitch View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 20:08
mellotronman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 04:57
Hi Mick

Just stumbled across this page. I'm the guy with the Trilogy stuff - sorry I never got back to you! E-mail me again and we'll work something out.

Andy

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 05:17
Thanks, for that link, Alan. I have vague memories of Trilogy. I had their rock show session on cassette. I'll have a listen later.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
 Post Reply Post Reply