Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Watch in Belgium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Watch in Belgium
    Posted: May 18 2010 at 04:44
Hi guys !

First time on this forum, i have to admit it.
The Watch will play the Foxtrot album from Genesis on june 12th, in the south of Belgium (Arlon).

I do like Genesis, but i've never heard about "the watch". DOes anyone of you will come for this gig, or has already seem the Watch live? In fact, i live in Belgium but pretty far away from this venue, that's why i'm hesitating. And why i need your opinion about this gig/band. Thank you very mutch !

nicolas

Edited by 13moons - May 18 2010 at 04:45
JemJem714 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 07:45
I'm going to the same gig next month here in the UK. It seems to be that The Watch are being heralded as "the next Genesis" but I don't really see the similarities that much. As a band, I was expecting them to be amazing, but I was pretty disappointed after listening to their albums. Their music is ok, but the lead singer's (Simone Rosetti) vocals kind of grate on me a little. Some of their songs are pretty good, but there's no way in hell that they should be put in the same league as Genesis; their sound is really different in my opinion. A couple of their songs are on Youtube - have a listen!

I think they'll be good live though and I can't wait to see them performing Foxtrot Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply