Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKarnataka line up disband again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karnataka line up disband again!
    Posted: May 19 2010 at 04:46
Shocking & sad news announced on the Karnataka facebook and  individual members pages:

Dear Friends,

After much consideration and alot of heartache,We are very sad to announce that with immediate effect Ian Harris,Gonzalo Carrera and Lisa Fury will no longer be members of Karnataka.

We have had to think really hard about this decision particularly after all the hard work & how well received The Gathering Light has been. We are very proud of what the album has achieved for all of us.

We are all amazed and humbled by all the fantastic press and feedback from you guys. You truly are fantastic and the reason why we love to play music but,due to very personal reasons we still feel we have no option but to leave the band now.

We know this will be very disappointing for some but please don't worry Karnataka will continue! Ian Jones and Enrico already have some musicians lined up to carry on the journey.Check the Karnataka websites for news & dates etc.

We wish them the best of luck.

Please feel free to look us up on our individual websites Myspace etc for what we will be getting upto in the near future.

We all hope to see you on the road somewhere soon.

Ian H,Gonzalo & Lisa xxx

This is very sad news especialy as it seemed with the new album that the band were just starting to make great progress again. I guess we will never know what goes on behind closed doors but with three key members leaving at once I cant help but wonder why history is repeating itself?

Ian Jones & Enrico have said they will once again continue with Karnataka and have new musicians ready to step in already but I think they will have a tough act to follow! Personaly, I hope it isnt the last we see of Lisa Ian & Gonzalo as they are all superb musicians. At least we have the Gathering Light to hear them on.

It will be also interesting to see what happens with the band Chasing The Monsoon as Lisa Fury was heavily involved with that project as well.

Peace
Z CryConfused

johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 15:29
I bought the new album same time as the new Panic Room.  The music on TGL is much more prog while Panic Room went mainstreamCry.  The big difference is singers.  Anne-Marie is fabulous and while Lisa has a very nice voice, I did not like it in context with Karnataka's music.  She would be better suited to folk music, IMO.

Bottom line, while I enjoy TGL, a change in singers should be better for Mr. Jones if he goes forward with Karnataka.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 13:22

Cursed band indeed, changes of lineups all the time. But I like everything they've been able to produce.

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
clogson View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 09:52
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

I bought the new album same time as the new Panic Room.  The music on TGL is much more prog while Panic Room went mainstreamCry.  The big difference is singers.  Anne-Marie is fabulous and while Lisa has a very nice voice, I did not like it in context with Karnataka's music.  She would be better suited to folk music, IMO.

Bottom line, while I enjoy TGL, a change in singers should be better for Mr. Jones if he goes forward with Karnataka.
He's come this far  so presumably he will.
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 20:13
^Yeah, he probably won't be applying for a desk job anytime soon.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 20:39
That's too bad, got my first listen of the band today. The latest album is fantastic. 
 Post Reply Post Reply