Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mastodon cancels summer tour, Bill Kelliher sick
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMastodon cancels summer tour, Bill Kelliher sick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mastodon cancels summer tour, Bill Kelliher sick
    Posted: May 25 2010 at 03:03
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140607

MASTODON Cancels Summer Tour - May 24, 2010
Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON have cancelled their previously announced summer tour, which scheduled to launch in Germany on June 5 and be completed in Finland on July 3. The band's guitarist, Bill Kelleher, was diagnosed with pancreatitis (a sudden inflammation of the pancreas which can have severe complications and high mortality despite treatment) and was advised by doctors to pursue further medication. Doctors are optimistic and expect a full recovery in the coming weeks for Bill, as the band is eager to take part in the BlackDiamondSkye tour, along with ALICE IN CHAINS and DEFTONES, scheduled to open in Chicago on September 16.

MASTODON's latest album, "Crack The Skye", sold 41,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 11 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's fans responded with manic enthusiasm to the LP, snapping up every available copy of various limited-edition artifacts, including the deluxe tunnel book CD+DVD package, both color and double-disc 180gm gatefold vinyl pressings, plus a pair of CD single/T-shirt bundles.

I was going to see them in Helsinki in July Cry Hope he recovers soon and some day they'll re-schedule.
av View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 03:25

Yeah this sucks big time, I've waited about four years to see them play a full set and now I thought it would happen... Hopefully Bill "Walrus Moustache" Kelliher recovers soon. I'm probably going to sell my Tuska ticket or exchange it for Friday to see Testament and Ziltoid.

Breathe in Breathe out

http://www.myspace.com/constantineoffinland
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 14:02
Yeah, same here. Seen them opening for Maiden and Metallica before, this would've been the first headlining show... But well, I'm there anyway for the whole weekend (such a perfect spot for a festival, Kaisaniemi park is twenty minutes away from my place), hopefully they get someone good to replace them.
The Monodrone View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 16:55
I hope Bill will be okay... Crack the Skye was such a good album and it's gotten even better since I started listening to it again.  Mastodon is great band overall.

Anderson III View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 04:24
I'm only going to see Ziltoid the Omniscient in Helsinki so I'm not missing anything. I hope Kelliher gets better, though!

Edited by Anderson III - May 26 2010 at 04:26
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent" - Victor Hugo
NecronCommander View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 08:43
I was lucky that I got to see them about two weeks ago before this news broke.  They played with Between the Buried and Me, Baroness, and Valiant Thorr.  ****ing awesome show.
Rune2000 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 08:40
Mastodon canceled their performance at Sweden Rock festival and are now being substituted by Mustash. Seriosly, if I see another Mustash show then they will become the most seen band by me with 6 seen live shows (Slayer and Dream Theater are close behind with five each). The only difference is that I still don't own a single Mustash album and have no plans of changing this fact any time soon.
kellyohno View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2010 at 15:32
Was so disappointed that this got cancelled, but I just found out Intronaut was opening for Helmet's tour! Not sure if you guys have heard of them, but if not you should check them out! 
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 17:18
Originally posted by kellyohno kellyohno wrote:

Was so disappointed that this got cancelled, but I just found out Intronaut was opening for Helmet's tour! Not sure if you guys have heard of them, but if not you should check them out! 

Wow,what a great package! I love Intronaut and Helmet was a huge influence for me back in the day(I have met Page Hamilton on 3 seperate occasions).I have to try to see this show!

Post Reply Post Reply