Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrand X - some questions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand X - some questions...
    Posted: June 02 2010 at 18:46

Hello there everyone,

I'm a Brand X fan, and I just want to ask some questions, as I suppose some of you may know the answers. 

1. Do you know some other Brand X TV performances than The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1979 ?

2. Are there any other interviews besides the "Collins and Goodsall 1979 interview" in The Boffomundo Show and TOGWT interview with Collins in '79 ?

3. Is there some remastered video of The Old Grey Whistle Test performance ? You can find the old, low-quality version on YouTube, but in the film "Phil Collins - A Life Less Ordinary", we can see great quality version of it and an interview with Phil Collins also ! Do you have any information about BBC having it in their archives maybe ? I know there are some other recordings of it, but also - low quality ones, and this one in film is just perfect (they are performing "... And So To F..." from the Product album - great version).

4. Do you know any visual recordings of Phil Collins performing Brand X material on his solo tours ? 

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Adam from Poland.

Edited by Product - June 02 2010 at 18:47
Rabid View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 15:56
No info on tv appearences....and a bit off thread....I remember Phil Collins getting booed at a Brand X gig, tho....(Brand X / Stanley Clarke....Hammersmith Odeon...70s). He came onstage in a pair of overalls and a hat, and started sweeping the stage with a broom. He got booed til' he whipped his hat off....
Kenwood Dennard was drumming at the time. Just wanted to share that. Great gig, btw !!

Smile

"...the thing IS, to put a motor in yourself..."
Product View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 18:55
Originally posted by Rabid Rabid wrote:

No info on tv appearences....and a bit off thread....I remember Phil Collins getting booed at a Brand X gig, tho....(Brand X / Stanley Clarke....Hammersmith Odeon...70s). He came onstage in a pair of overalls and a hat, and started sweeping the stage with a broom. He got booed til' he whipped his hat off....
Kenwood Dennard was drumming at the time. Just wanted to share that. Great gig, btw !!

Smile

Hah ! That's something new. Phil talked about funny stuff happening at Brand X gigs, but I've never heard of that ! :) Did he play at this one at all ?

Edited by Product - June 03 2010 at 18:56
Rabid View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 00:27
Yeah, he did !! Played the rest of the gig as a duet with KD.

Now you mention it, I did wonder why there was two kits onstage.....thought that the other one was for Stanley Clarke's band.

Absolutely smashing !!!   Big smile

Edited by Rabid - June 04 2010 at 00:32
"...the thing IS, to put a motor in yourself..."
Product View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 04:38

I assume you are talking about the 5th August 1977 show (with Stanley Clarke), but Here we can read that on this date Phil was welcomed with a warm applause, not booing though Confused. There's also another Hammersmith date - 12th November 1976, but I think you are talking about the 1st one ! Do you remember anything more about this one (maybe something from the setlists, the look of the musicians) ?  

Edited by Product - June 04 2010 at 08:52
 Post Reply Post Reply