Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 09:37
A strange Battiato avant garde project from 1975.  Spacey for sure !  A Cd exists, 500 limited edition.

seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 17:29
^ For sure that one's quite a challenge... wonder how they conceive/develop a piece like that? Really strange sounds. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 17:42

This one from 79 is more classical. Half tracks are based on organ and the other ones on piano and small percussions. A little brother of Mr Jacula ? 
I've only found that organ(ic) song on you tube. Evil Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 18:12

Before I go to bed, another prayer for the reprint of this one I'm dying to hear in a remastered sound.

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 19:34
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Jim I really have to thank you about that La Seconda Genesi albumClap Now I don´t have the funds for anything at the moment (looks like I have to take a break from my studies, because of that tooDead), but thanks to Youtube, I have been listening to these fellas. 
I´m really digging this Jim! Brilliant and messy:

David, glad to help!  Here's a related project from the guitarist of that band.

Edited by Finnforest - October 06 2011 at 19:34

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 19:42
Finally, impossible to sleep. For fans of early Morricone stuff : The second album of BRAEN'S MACHINE, the duo Umiliani / Alessandroni. Sixtires fun and great melodies. More library than RPI.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2011 at 03:37
This one sounds great. Sixties with a touch of kautrock. No information on the recording year..

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2011 at 12:20
"It's me again, your worthless friend" Paddy Mc Aloon. Prefab Sprout.

QUEL GIORNO DI UVE ROSSE

A great one from 1976, very religious, close in the spirit to the first Latte E Miele, but different in the music. Many harpsichord, flutes and violins. Two singers : male and female. Apparently composed of two long suites.
Essential ? Yes, I think.

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2011 at 12:29
^ That is a winner!  Merci, Pierre.
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2011 at 19:11
Glad you appreciate it Todd. Now let's be less serious.
I  made a selection of very very rare and obscure RPI.
Some are 45pm, others 33pm. To tell the truth, I know absolutly nothing about these guys.

NOT REALLY GOOD, SOMETIMES BAD. JUST FOR FUNPig AND NOTHING BUT FUN.

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 10:41
Anybody reading this ever heard of Giorgio Gaslini-i have a couple of compositions of his called Fabbrica Occupata and The Woman I Love
          this is at times abstract and bonkers free jazz bordering on brilliant in parts
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:05
Here are a couple of melodic tracks from the mid-seventies.

I Gregor - this track is a single from 1975, their self-titled prog-light album actually exists in CD although it was only released in Japan. Needless to say the original LP and the CD are very rare but I'll be searching:

Charisma - nice flute and sax, this band released a couple of singles in 1974 (one under the name of Azienda Tranviaria). Lovely track:

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:12
^Hi Chris!
Maybe it´s because my computer is old school and lazy, but I see no tracks in your postCry 

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:13
Sorry, yeah I've tried editing but the vids aren't appearing for some reason.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:17
Let me try. Is this one of em?

I just found this one too:

Edited by Guldbamsen - October 09 2011 at 12:20
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:30
That was a pretty weird experience to say the leastLOL I just came from two full Faust records, before listening to these two - talk about difference in sound!! 
BUT in many ways both scenes share a lot of similarities - one of them being, that no matter how much stuff you think you´ve got - there always seems to be more just around the corner - a new gem - forgotten gem, whatever. It´s unbelievable. 

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:30
Don't know what's going on here, BBcodes are enabled and I'm not doing anything different from usual... bizarre! Thanks for posting the videos! Thumbs Up

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:32
No problem my friendSmile

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:40
I'm just off to listen to Cluster 71 in your honour! Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:44
Oooohhh - that one is one of my faves from themHeart If you prefer something a bit more mellow, then you should try their album Sowiesoso from 76. 

I´m putting on PFM´s debut in your honourWink

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 358>