Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed10cc album poll

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: the 5 first albums
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [28.57%]
4 [57.14%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10cc album poll
    Posted: September 20 2010 at 09:30
10cc is realy an awesome band with great tunes and catchy tunes, I like rock to be melodic, exentric sheerfull, and artsy. It is also nice with albums where you hear all the instrumens and all the little nuances. inventive recording technique.

pluss they took pop to another notch in terms of instrumentation, humour and great energy

in a way I am more impressed with bands that can make somthing interesting in 5 minuts songs, and do it good in the same time.

Edited by aginor - September 20 2010 at 09:30
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 11:32
I was a big fan during the mid-70s though I haven't listened to them recently. Certainly one of the wittiest bands I know and it's hard to pick a favourite by them, but today I'll go with ''How Dare You''.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 15:17
They did use an unorthodox way of recording sounds. It seemed long ago that I read something about them using kitty litter on a kettle drum. Slamming the kettle drum and recording or creating the sound of a fireworks display......although, I may have the details wrong. Nevertheless, they applied other insane ideas in the studio anyway and were very crafty. Sometimes it's hard for me to imagine the 4 of them deriving from the British Invasion period. It's like comparing With the Beatles to Magical Mystery Tour. I remember 10CC doing live versions of Beatles songs. 10CC were Pop art or maybe they just wrote their hits naturally and didn't have to deal with the record company bugging the hell out of them. They really had something special to offer all on their own.
Matthew T View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 16:21
Went for the Original Soundtrack but the debut had Rubber Bullets on it. They were not the same after Godley and Creme called it a day
Matt

Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2010 at 01:17
10cc!  Anything from the Godley and Creme era.  Perfectly walked the tightrope between prog and pop, not to mention their studio wizardry.....they were ahead of their time for sure.

I went with the Original Soundtrack album but tomorrow it may be the first album, then on Sunday maybe Sheet Music.

For those who've never experienced 10cc, you're in for a barrel of fun.
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
 Post Reply Post Reply