Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slartibartfast's Magical Music Random Load Blog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSlartibartfast's Magical Music Random Load Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2012 at 08:23
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Bowie, David    Outside            24 - Heroes spiked my interest many years before this came out, but this one got me to into exploring more of his albums.

My favourite Bowie album

Happy the Man    Crafty Hands            89

Brilliant. A sadly neglected band

King Crimson    Beat            116 - it was short and seemed to be more of a commercial attempt.  Has it good moment though.

Unjustly overlooked Crims album.

I'm still waiting on Bowie to make the remaining albums to complete the Outside series.  Probably close to my favorite but I can't name one anyway.

Happy had the misfortune of coming on the scene when prog was officially in decline. 

Beat can be beat but if you want to see the best of Beat and Discipline there is Live at Frejus.

Edited by Slartibartfast - January 19 2012 at 07:30
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2012 at 07:29
1/20/12 Finally got the commentary on the last page added.  I think I'll take a break.

Anderson, Laurie    United States Live (Disc Four) - this whole box set really endured me, I mean endeared me to the work of Laurie Anderson.  She did happen to do this box set in chronological order.  There is a condensed version of the whole box set if you'd rather sample.

Camel    A Live Record - I've known the band by name and heard some of them way back when, but when I saw this expanded version of it originally released on LP I gave it try.  I like it but it still remains the only one I have.

Hassel, Jon and Bluescreen    Dressing for Pleasure - I got this one used because I like Jon's albums already but it was nothing like the Hassel I had experienced before.  Kind of dance musicy but has a nice weird edge.  Also notable for having Brain on drums before I got into Primus.  Brain seems to show up in the oddest places like Buckethead.

High Llamas, The    Santa Barbara - I think you'll find about one or two other fans of this group.  They are Stereolab related.  I think this one and Sean O'Hagan's first solo are almost their best.  Snowbug would be the one I might recommend first to the curious.

Jackson, Joe Band    Volume 4 - Got the two disc version of this.  Joe reunites with his original band, hence the Volume 4.  Not a bad set of new songs.  Includes a set of redos from the olden days. 

Jones, John Paul    Zooma - OK this one comes from the DGM label.  I got this one not too long after I had started adding LZ CDs to my collection.  Pretty much blows away that stuff, which I still like.  Blissfully devoid of vocals.

Kuhn, Joachim    Springfever - JK is considered more of a jazz pianist but his fusion albums are really good.  This one is devoid of vocals fortunately.

McLachlan, Sarah    Mirrorball - I could probably toss this one back just because it's a video and she has produced really good live videos.  Fumbling Towards Ecstasy still remains her peak for me.

Nektar    Evolution - the second offering after the first new Nektar in years sees the new band refining the music a bit.

Pere Ubu    New Picnic Time - I actually played this one while working on my computer with it turned down really low.  I think it is best appreciated at really low volumes.  I really like their more accessible stuff much better.

Phillips, Anthony    Private Parts & Pieces VIII: New England - I can't comment on specific, but the PPP series has some great stuff in it and this is no exception

Porcupine Tree    Up the Downstair - the first PT album conceived as an album rather than more of a collection.  Never heard the original drum machine version.  Guess that must be a big ticket collector's item now.  Don't really need to as I like this one just fine.

Rundgren, Todd    A Wizard, A True Star - For me it's no Utopia Utopia but he was headed in that direction.

Weather Report    Night Passage - this one I think I may need to have a louder listen to.  Cool cover.  I haven't really given it a good sit down and listen yet though it cam in in to me in '93, alas.

XTC    Skylarking - never a bad album made and after English Settlement a band that I never failed to get when they came out with something new. 

That year was the middle of college. 
The rest is not so much from memory but more for personal journal purposes, hell this is a blog after all.  It started out pretty good college-wise.  Got good grades in
Fa - Dwelling House Design B, Passive Solar Design A, Site Planning C,
Sp -  Western Literature B, Wood Structures C, Technical Writing B,
Summer quarters were always spent working.  No travels to exotic places.
Wi - Computer Aided Design And Drafting A, Structural Drafting A,  Structural Analysis F
It was a horrid class and a solid F.  My God!!!  You had to do all these calculations and diagrams on paper, the professor was just boring as hell. 
The whole process was becoming anachronistic if I'm not mistaken but once very valuable once upon a time. LOL 

At least I had XTC's Skylarking to comfort me. Then again it was released in October so maybe it just threw me off course. 

V V V V    Oooh, a seven out of eight.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 08 2012 at 07:17
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

jean-marie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2012 at 17:31

1/20/12 Finally got the commentary on the last page added.  I think I'll take a break.

Anderson, Laurie    United States Live (Disc Four)
Camel    A Live Record
Hassel, Jon and Bluescreen    Dressing for Pleasure
High Llamas, The    Santa Barbara
Jackson, Joe Band    Volume 4
Jones, John Paul    Zooma
Kuhn, Joachim    Springfever
McLachlan, Sarah    Mirrorball
Netkar    Evolution
Pere Ubu    New Picnic Time
Phillips, Anthony    Private Parts & Pieces VIII: New England
Porcupine Tree    Up the Downstair
Rundgren, Todd    A Wizard, A True Star
Weather Report    Night Passage
XTC    Skylarking

Thumbs UpHeart
FAIS QUE TON REVE SOIT PLUS LONG QUE LA NUIT HAVE YOUR DREAM LASTING LONGER THAN THE NIGHT
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2012 at 07:02
Gorn, Levin, Marotta    From the Caves of the Iron Mountain - this is music made in actual caves.  They were interested in the acoustic properties of various cave areas.  An interesting experiment and the music is decent.

Jethro Tull    Benefit - I like their later stuff better but it's a fine album all the same.

Jethro Tull    Rock Island - this came up in the same draw.  OK but I like Benefit better.

King Crimson    B'BOOM Official Bootleg - Live In Argentina 1994 - non essential but why not beat the bootleggers?

Led Zeppelin    IV - probably said this before but the band had respect in my prog friend circles which were primarily my brother's friends who were generally three years older.  I never paid them too much attention because my classmates were not into prog as I knew it and typically hung out in the smoking area in high school.  Yeah, it (cigarettes) was legal for teens back then.

Moody Blues, The    A Question of Balance (Remaster) - the opener kind of overshadows all the rest of the album, the rest never made much of an impression on me.  Seem to suffer a bit from quaint-itis.

Mr. Bungle    Mr. Bungle - I'd probably absolutely hate this if I hadn't acquired a taste for the avant many years ago and got warmed up to more metal in prog by Porcupine Tree.  Not my favorite but I'm still keeping it.

Parsons, The Alan, Project    Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe -  I am a sucker for concept albums but I guess this one didn't come along at the right time because I am rather cold to it still.

Pink Floyd    Piper at the Gates of Dawn - second of another pair in this draw.  I think I might actually like it better than the next one.

Pink Floyd    Wall, The - for me always best experienced in video, DVD in this case.  It like Led IV was also a favorite of what was the freak clique.  So I didn't check it out until college where they had an area of the student center set up to play VHS movies and this one of the features.

Residents, The    Have a Bad Day - I believe there was a computer video game or program associated with this album.  Never saw it for sale in a store. Cry  I would have got it.

Supertramp    Crime Of The Century - one of those bands I never played attention to because it got so much radio play.  Didn't try this one until a few years ago because I went on a quest for something new in the PA's top 100 list.  It was a bit of futile quest because I went to two different stores and didn't find anything on my list until I got to the third Best Buy, which had generally become a waste of time for finding prog I didn't already have.  Not surprised that they had this one, so I went for it and like it very much.

Yes    Magnification - post '70's Yes is just really hard for me to get into as I generally wrote them off thanks to 90210.  This one doesn't excite me though I can't say anything bad about it.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 08 2012 at 07:37

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2012 at 15:46

Gorn, Levin, Marotta    From the Caves of the Iron Mountain
Jethro Tull    Benefit
Jethro Tull    Rock Island
King Crimson    B'BOOM Official Bootleg - Live In Argentina 1994
Led Zeppelin    IV
Moody Blues, The    A Question of Balance (Remaster)
Mr. Bungle    Mr. Bungle
Parsons, The Alan, Project    Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe
Pink Floyd    Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Pink Floyd    Wall, The

Residents, The    Have a Bad Day
Supertramp    Crime Of The Century
Yes    Magnification
                                                 SmileThumbs UpHeart
FAIS QUE TON REVE SOIT PLUS LONG QUE LA NUIT HAVE YOUR DREAM LASTING LONGER THAN THE NIGHT
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2012 at 17:48
Get this, I also use random sometimes to pick out from what I am carrying to listen to at work.  The Wall came up right after Piper. LOL

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 08:01
Amos, Tori    Crucify - (EP) most notable for having a cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit which eventually lead me to try Nirvana.

Amos, Tori    Winter - another EP though one of her longest.  When she put out Little Earthquakes she seemed to really be on a creative roll.  The stuff on here reminds of Kate Bush more than any of her other stuff.

Budd, Harold    la bella vista - solo Budd secretly recorded.

Di Meola, Al    Cielo e Terra - cool album cover, mellow Di Meola.

Frith, Fred    Speechless - one of these days I'll review this one if I can figure out what to say about it.  Definitely one of my Frith favorites.

Gismonti, Egberto    Works - kind of shy away from compilations, but there's lots of good stuff here.

Hackett, Steve    Voyage of the Acolyte (Remaster) - basically a Genesis album that wasn't and for that period time, you know it has to be good.

I will continue my futile attempt to get avant garde fans to check this guy out.  I don't know if I've won over any converts or perverts, at least they haven't let me know yet.
Hampton, Co. Bruce and The Late Bronze Age    Outside Looking Out - notable guests: Paul McCandless and David Earle Johnson.  This was the latest album out when I got into Bruce.  Complete jazzy weirdness.

Hampton, Col. Bruce    Arkansas - another dose of weirdness with some cool special guests.

Mitchell, Joni    Turbulent Indigo - It seems like after the late '70's Joni has been putting out many good yet not as remarkable albums.  I usually get her stuff used.

Ozric Tentacles    Waterfall Cities - I dunno, I like the guys, great high energy music, but damned if I can tell one album from the other if you played them for me on music only.

Residents, The    Tweedles - probably won't get a lot of agreement from long time fans, but I like their newer stuff better the old.  This and their previous two show that the art of doing an album/art package didn't get snuffed out with the advent of the CD.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 09 2012 at 18:32

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 06:55

Amos, Tori    Crucify
Amos, Tori    Winter
Budd, Harold    la bella vista
Di Meola, Al    Cielo e Terra
Frith, Fred    Speechless
Gismonti, Egberto  
Hackett, Steve    Voyage of the Acolyte (Remaster)
Hampton, Co. Bruce and The Late Bronze Age    Outside Looking Out
Hampton, Col. Bruce    Arkansas
Mitchell, Joni    Turbulent Indigo
Ozric Tentacles    Waterfall Cities

Residents, The    Tweedles

Smile Thumbs Up Heart
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 07:11
Bitch and Animal    What's That Smell? - I'd be highly surprised if anyone on here was familiar with this artist or album.  On my first trip up to NYC my wife got this for me as a surprise gift.  Interesting stuff.

Dixie Dregs    California Screamin' - Dregs is a dish best served live and this set is a really good selection of Dregs tunes and Dreged out covers.  Cool guests, too.

Dixie Dregs    Night of the Living Dregs - once again in the wonderful world of random coincidentals, two DD albums and this one was a half studio/half live.  Pretty much the classic lineup.

Genesis    Spot the Pigeon - this one was a great discovery back in the day when Wind And Wuthering was the end of the Hackett/Genesis era.  It's a few leftovers from an album that was never to be.

Hackett, Steve    Please Don't Touch (Remaster) - a wonderful amalgam of stuff that Steve couldn't do in Genesis.  It was a big surprise to see that he had hooked up with a couple members of Kansas for a couple of tracks.  It's an album where Steve totally stretched out into new directions.

New Percussion Group of Amsterdam    Go Between - who?  Bill  Bruford's here.  One of those cool things found browsing at a used CD store many years ago.

Porcupine Tree    Nil Recurring - I've reviewed this one.  I'd have preferred to get Fear as one big set with this material incorporated or on a second disc.  I won't be surprised if a deluxe edition gets released or has been released already that combines the two.

Primus    Sailing The Seas Of Cheese - this album came along when I was primed for Primus which is to say many years after it's release.  Timing can sometimes be everything in whether or not you appreciate an artist.  The Cheese came along and dammit if I didn't get Primus all over me.

Shadowfax    Too Far To Whisper - I'm still trying to complete them in my collection.  They'll never top Watercourse Way, but they got a little more adventurous after their first couple WH albums.

Umphrey's McGee    Safety In Numbers.  Cool album cover and diverse set of music.

Wakeman, Rick    Six Wives of Henry VIII, The - my brother had this one and I kind of liked it to the extent I listened to it.  It led me into getting Rick's Journey and King Arthur albums in a record club membership deal because I liked the basic concepts. 

Yes    Close to the Edge (Remaster) - one of my favorite albums that I have probably heard way too many times in my life.

Yes    Fragile (Remaster) - Roundabout got air play ad nauseum, still a good song, but something I really don't ever need to hear again.  The album is an interesting amalgam of inspired band pieces mixes with sort of solo pieces.

Need to get caught up on the commentaries.  Down to about 180 titles including those above.  Weird how I drew a pair of better known and loved Yes albums.  Also got Hackett's first post Genesis along with his last work with the band.  The Shadowfax and McGee were both soaked in the flood.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 11 2012 at 16:55

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 11:24

Bitch and Animal    What's That Smell?
Dixie Dregs    California Screamin'
Dixie Dregs    Night of the Living Dregs
Genesis    Spot the Pigeon
Hackett, Steve    Please Don't Touch (Remaster)
New Percussion Group of Amsterdam    Go Between
Porcupine Tree    Nil Recurring
Primus    Sailing The Seas Of Cheese
Shadowfax    Too Far To Whisper
Umphrey's McGee    Safety In Numbers
Wakeman, Rick    Six Wives of Henry VIII, The
Yes    Close to the Edge (Remaster)
Yes    Fragile (Remaster)
                                                                                                                              SmileSmileThumbs UpHeart
Need to get caught up on the commentaries.  Down to about 180 titles including those above.  Weird how I drew a pair of better known and loved Yes albums.  Also got Hackett's first post Genesis along with his last work with the band.  The Shadowfax and McGee were both soaked in the flood.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 07:00
Anderson, Laurie    Live at Town Hall New York City September 19-20 2001 - it's rather spooky that she'd do a live album so soon after the 9/11 attacks.  Her studio album came out shortly before and some of the themes were eerily relevant.

Djam Karet    New Dark Age - these guys passed me by when they were doing some great stuff because I don't live in or near the California area they hail from. 

Gabriel, Peter    Long Walk Home Music From The Rabbit-Proof Fence - I thought Peter had vanished after So.  Completely missed Ovo.  This soundtrack is sort of a prequel to Up.

Kansas    Somewhere to Elsewhere - after floundering about a bit in the post '70's, it was cool to see the sort of reuniting of the original lineup.  The touring band didn't have Kerry but I did get to see them in an outdoor concert where they were drowned out by the Cult on a nearby stage.  Alas, totally missed the DVD concert which was filmed in Atlanta, but I have the DVD of it, which is pretty good.  Sadly Steve Walsh doesn't have the vocal ability he used to.

Metheny, Pat Group    Imaginary Day - by this time Pat's group music had become a bit dull to my ears.  I think  they did pick things up a bit yet still not wow material,

Nine Inch Nails    Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D - an album with a program for remixing that wouldn't work on my machine.  Some really cool alternative verisons.

Oldfield, Mike    Light + Shade - not too popular amongst Oldfield fans.  I enjoy it.

Porcupine Tree    Incident. The - a bit of a hard album to listen to as it arrived before the house flood which is an incident I will not soon forget.

Vangelis    Heaven and Hell - late '70's Vangelis remains his peak period for me and it has a Jon Anderson cameo.

Yes    Union - after having totally lost interest in the band after giving 90210 a chance this seemed promising.  It's OK, but their glory days are obviously gone.  Nice concept though, all they needed was Peter Banks.  To date the tour was the last Yes I've seen live.  Kind of marred by being in an outdoor arena where the ground was damp and my butt got wet. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 15 2012 at 07:15

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 11:15

Anderson, Laurie    United States Live (Disc Four) - this whole box set really endured me, I mean endeared me to the work of Laurie Anderson.  She did happen to do this box set in chronological order.  There is a condensed version of the whole box set if you'd rather sample.

I've always liked the literary side of this work, and of course that "Superman" piece.

It gives you an idea of how I was already looking at the music that was more adventurous and experimental at the time, than most "commercial music" (as Vangelis was already stating in various specials!), and you could no longer hear a lot of it, because FM radio was on its way to be just another AM station in America to play "hits" only ... except that here they called them "dots" with various colors, and you had to play so many blues and so many greens within the hour ... which really means that things like Laurie Anderson would never get played.

Phillips, Anthony    Private Parts & Pieces VIII: New England - I can't comment on specific, but the PPP series has some great stuff in it and this is no exception

Always loved this series and had kept up with Anthony on the first 15 albums he had ... and I can not think of a single one that I have not enjoyed more than once or appreciated the beauty behind this man's work.

I also had the priviledge of having been given permission for using his music on the first (and only) audio issue of the Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts some ten years ago.

Porcupine Tree    Up the Downstair - the first PT album conceived as an album rather than more of a collection.  Never heard the original drum machine version.  Guess that must be a big ticket collector's item now.  Don't really need to as I like this one just fine.

I still like this album ... a lot!

Rundgren, Todd    A Wizard, A True Star - For me it's no Utopia Utopia but he was headed in that direction.

Love this album ... but I will play the Wizard side 20 times before I play the other side!

XTC    Skylarking - never a bad album made and after English Settlement a band that I never failed to get when they came out with something new. 

Of all the albums by this band I have, probably 15 or so, this one is not one of my favorites. I am not sure that they ever bettered the quality from "The Big Express" for my ears. Having Sodd Rungrin produce this, I think hurt a lot more than it helped. The guys in the band were fairly independent, which I think did not go well with Sodd's ideas of "producing" or how music should be presented, which, for my tastes, other than his Wizard/A True Star and a couple of the first Utopia albums.  In general, it was too much about "him" and while we came to learn how "eccentric" the folks were in XTC, and I believe this clashed with Sodd many times!

Ohh boy ... I'm going to have to do some listening ... I'm finding I don't even remember some things! The more popular ones are easy!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 18:25
I never pay much attention to production.  I thought it interesting that Todd worked with them at the time.  I also The Psychedelic Furs around the same time.  But anyway, you might give Skylarking a try again,  I pretty much regard all the albums from that era, however you define it, to be really good.

Thanks for your thoughts and reminded me of another connection in that draw, Rundgren as musician on one album and producer on another.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 09 2012 at 18:33

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 14:59
OMG, my LinkedIn reference has now surpassed my ProgArchives one in Google search.  I guess that counts for 30 minutes of fame in exchange for still being able to run but not being able to hide on the internet.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 16:13

Anderson, Laurie    Live at Town Hall New York City September 19-20 2001

Djam Karet    New Dark Age - these guys passed me by when they were doing some great stuff because I don't live in or near the California area they hail from. 

Gabriel, Peter    Long Walk Home Music From The Rabbit-Proof Fence
Kansas    Somewhere to Elsewhere
Metheny, Pat Group    Imaginary Day
Nine Inch Nails    Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D
Oldfield, Mike    Light + Shade
Porcupine Tree    Incident. The
Stereolab    Switched On
Vangelis    Heaven and Hell
Yes    Union

SmileSmileThumbs UpHeart
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 06:41
Anderson, Laurie    Bright Red - a rather dark offering from Laurie but it has one of my favorite lyrical lines: "O lovely pussy! Pussy my love! What a wonderful pussy you are."

Bruford    One of A Kind - the title is not an understatement.  The best of the Bruford albums.

Bush, Kate    Dreaming, The - Kate's most daring album.  I'd be highly surprised if she ever does anything quite like it again,

Fiji Mariners    Featuring Col. Bruce Hampton  - Nowhere Is Now Here so beware of The Pleasure Seeking Fiji Disco Women.

Hassell, Jon    City: Works of Fiction - this one hasn't caught on with me.  Jon's stuff can be a bit of hit or miss for me.

Medeski Martin and Wood    Uninvisible - oddly enough this one has a Bruce Hampton guest appearance.  One of those bands I like but haven't explored in depth.  I also have End Of The World Party.

Mitchell, Joni    For the Roses - zzzzzz.  Got it from a discount bin.

Nine Inch Nails    Broken - reviewed.  If he had stuck to music  like the debut, I wouldn't likely be a fan.  Nice prelude to Spiral.  (The Vangelis album not the NIN one Tongue)

Oldfield, Mike    Crisis - for being such a big fan of his '70's stuff I stayed away from his '80's stuff, but hey I finally got around to those albums with the remastered CDs.  Still can't top his earlier stuff but still not too shabby.

Projekct Two    Space Groove - reviewed this one this morning.  Another zzzz.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 23 2012 at 17:05

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 06:25
Anderson, Jon and Vangelis    Friends of Mr. Cairo, The - this follow up to their debut album was rather disappointing, probably most likely for the title track.  I finally did get a copy though.

Blackfield    Blackfield II - hadn't listened to this one in a while.  Forgot how good it was.  Haven't gotten around to the third one yet.  Money is tight.

Caravan    In the Land of Grey and Pink - I think most canterbury experts would hold this one up as fairly representative but not being an expert on the scene I don't know for sure.  I've known about the band since the late '70's but they weren't one of those prog bands I took an interest in until they came to Atlanta on tour with Nektar.  Still only have two albums and one DVD, which I've only played once I think.  Should probably rectify it.

Focus    Focus Con Proby - back in my days of making CD assortments of bands I didn't include any of the vocal tracks off this album in my Focus tape.  Probably a good thing.  I think I've warmed up to them though probably because of that.

Genesis    Calling All Stations - what Genesis was doing had lost my interest before this album.  I got it because it was really cheap used.  It's not too bad but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

Kansas    Monolith - popped out a review on this one today.  A band in decline but not too bad.

Oysterhead    Grand Pecking Order, The - more insanity from the pool of clay.  Interesting that it managed to get a listing on this site as an artist even though it's just one of the myriad of Les' non Primus side projects and so far was a one out thing.  Les needs to be added as an artist and all his wacky side projects gathered together.

Ozric Tentacles    Arborescence - this was my first OT album.  I went on a bit of an album binge but after it became painfully obvious that they all sound too much alike, I put the brakes on.

Ponty, Jean-Luc    Life Enigma - Ponty kind of returned to his '70's style with this one.  I made a DVD from the camcorder tapes of the honeymoon in Hawaii with my wife and used some of the music off of this for it.

Vaughan Williams/Edward Elgar/Benjamin Britten    Greensleeves,Fantasia/Intro&Allegro/Prelude & Fugue - don't have a heck of a lot of classical in my DVD collection.  From the bargain bin.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 23 2012 at 17:21

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 06:32
What do I do?
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 06:50
Not sure what you mean.  Anyone is welcome to make comments or pick favorites from a draw down.  I usually just post titles and then get my butt off to work, then add commentary later.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 22 2012 at 06:51

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 13:38
Hi,

Wish I could get out of listening to "Feast of Ashes" ... Djam Karet. (Burning the Hard City) ... I think I will wear down the CD player on the car ... and then worry about it! Before that it was the Girl from ... and Dagelbert's ... from Dance of the Flames by Guru Guru ... before that it was Riuichi Sakamoto's "Heartbeat" (specially the title cut ... 17 times in a row!) ... so there ... my mini-blog!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>