FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedClassic Rock Presents Prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 16:17
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Funny how everytime a magaizine, website, whatever comes along which talks about the music I and many of my peers want to hear about, people immediately want to change it. There are plenty of places for new music to be talked about and heard. If you don't like the style of tha magazine as it is (Moshkito) don't buy it. Please do not though try to change it, spoling it for those for whom it is fine just as it is.

Easy ... you're missing the point.

And it's been the issue all along with any of the bands that we love dearly ... you pretty much have to find your "own" everything, in order to get your work done the way you want and not have to change ... to fit someone else's monetary ideals ... !!! I know that with a website like this, you pretty much have to take the publisher's side ... but we're already talking like the publisher IS the creative force, not the artist ... that we're more important than the artist ... and that is plain wrong!

I can sympathize with Hemingway wholeheartedly, and you might not understand it ... but 20 years later, you would have stood there and said ... I'm an idiot" ... I did not understand or listen to what was being said ... when that artist becomes massive and he/she had to go their own way, the harder way, because we could not see them for what they are, and instead said they were not good, or whatever.

The magazine is great ... I am not complaining ... I am just taking issue with an "editor" thinking that there was no art for 10 years ... which is one of those stands ... "I know it all in music" ... because I write it in a magazine ... and this site alone can dispel that to smithereens ... and you know it ... so why would you even accept or let a statement like that slide?

It makes me feel that the person really does not know the music, as much as he says he does ... it's that simple. But it reflects on the quality of the work in the magazine because they are not capable of getting past their own limitations or desires. And then they pick an obscure band to be "progressive", that has no name or connection or even a review/discussion from this board, to make us look ... not as "progressive" as the magazine. Or as good! Or as capable! ... all because they have color pictures and you have posters/reviewers that spend most of their time having fun in this board and not posting seriously enough to even consider taking them serious!  ... that would be an issue for many of the inner folks here, wouldn't it? ... but why are you playing 2nd banana when you deserve to be the 1st?

C'mon ... Easy ... you know darn well ... that just about anyone that fought and got, and became, in the so called "progressive" world, was originally not quite accepted, and that it took a lot of "ear-tuning" to get where we got ... so why, why? .. WHY? are we accepting someone saying ... it didn't happen? Specially when we know it DID!

C'mon Easy ... you have the best board, and the most important group of articles and publications ... and I'm sorry ... you don't need some of these and you can do better ... the question is ... do you want to? There always was that one truth about "self" in that new age thing ... and it said that all you had to do was look inside and you had everything you needed to get it done ... and YOU DO! YOUR BOARD DOES! And I'm sorry ... it's a pretty glossy thing, but your site is a 1000 times better than they ever will be ... and I couldn't give a sh*t about spending 15 bux simply because there were members of Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin on the cover! ... (I might if it were the groupies, they would be more interesing and fun elsewhere too!) ... when I have Alsous Huxley, Stravinsky, Britten, Nureyev, Misha, Hesse ... and many movies on my walls .... when some of these rock things ... are just not worth the hassle and are just another attempt at milking some more money off the public? ... at least your board has a lot of folks that are considerably better and write some magnanimous things, and are not afraid to stand up for new work ...

Be a maverick ... it's the only way you will be remembered! ... and I didn't invent that line!

Edited by moshkito - March 02 2011 at 15:37
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12