Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNemo -- Si Live

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nemo -- Si Live
    Posted: October 08 2010 at 02:24
Unfortunately, this site does not have a review for the new live Nemo album Si Live. I have a questions for members who have listened to this album as well as Si Partie 1.  Many of the songs from Si Partie 1 are also on Si Live.  Does anyone have a view about how these songs translate into the live performance?  I usually don't like live albums as much as studio albums, but Si Live seems quite good.  But I haven't heard Si Partie 1, which is a little hard to get in the US.  Are the songs much better on Si Partie 1? 
"Fell asleep in 1980 and woke up in 2008"
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 08:04

I'm not aware of a new Si Live album and there isn't one listed in the database here. There was a Si Live album added to Barbares a couple of years back as a bonus disc. Is this the one you refer to? Perhaps you know of it being released as an album in it's own right?

Also Nemo have a live DVD released later this month but I'm not sure of the track listing and whether si is on it or not.

If it's the Barbares bonus disc you refer to then i can confirm it is a good live album but I haven't played it in some time. My memory is that I still prefer the studio version but now you've mentioned it I'll listen to it again in the next few days.
Rip Van ProgWinkle View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 16:24
You have solved the puzzle.  Si Live was originally sold along with Barbares.  It is now being sold separately, at least on MP3.  See this amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Si-Live/dp/B002MTCF32/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286659076&sr=301-1

If you do have the opportunity to listen to it again, and give me your comments on it as compared to Si Partie 1, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
"Fell asleep in 1980 and woke up in 2008"
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 14:08
Ah, that explains it. I'll give it a listen again to refresh my memory and get back to you. By the way did you know the live album also contains some of Si Part 2?
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 14:55
Rip, nice catch. Feel free to add the album if no one has done so yet. Smile
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply