Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedColin Masson Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colin Masson Appreciation Thread
    Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:04
Colin Masson is a little-known artist around these parts. He has sent a few copies of his latest album out for reviews and received nothing but praise thus far in these parts, but has not yet sold as many copies of the album as he has sent away for free review. 

I have only, so far, heard his latest (The Mad Monk and the Mountain) .The music is very dramatic and symphonic; for the most part, instrumental, but the two tracks with vocals are each incredible in their own ways. Two Lighthousekeepers is very cleverly written and dramatically sung; The Ends of the Earth on the other hand features incredible, beautiful female vocals. 

I think he has made more album sales than he realised - after hearing Mad Monk and the Mountain, I am definitely exploring his back catalogue (which includes one solo album and work with the Prog-Folk band The Morrigan). 

Anyways, the music on Mad Monk is incredible from the first note to the last, something that is quite rare. Just check out the second, track, Tilting at Windmills, here:

His music can be purchased from many prog retailers, or his website:

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 13:08
I'm listening to the stream on MySpace now, Stephen. It's rather good, isn't it?

I'll give this a couple more listens, but i think he might be able to add a couple more album sales soonBig smile
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 13:56
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I'm listening to the stream on MySpace now, Stephen. It's rather good, isn't it?

I'll give this a couple more listens, but i think he might be able to add a couple more album sales soonBig smile

It's quite good - and, in my mind, Tilting at Windmills isn't even the best track on the album. The House on the Rock, the 17 minute epic at the end, is even better Big smile
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 14:52
I downloaded the two albums some time ago and have been enjoying them both ever since. Recommended.

Post Reply Post Reply