Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeventh Wonder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seventh Wonder
    Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:02
How is it possible I can't find a topic about the great,
original, swedish, progressive metal supergroup: Seventh Wonder?!

I'd like to hear what SW listeners here on PA has to say about them.

Personally I discovered Seventh Wonder when I saw them live a couple of years ago.
I had heard one song with 'em before that I received from a webmate in Germany.
But the song didn't quite convince me at the time. At least not enough to make me dig deeper.
Then I went to Sweden Rock Festival 2009 where I met some new friends.
I was planning on watching Seventh Wonder at the festival, since the song I had heard was still pretty good.
One of the new friends told me that they had an insane bass player and he hyped him so much that I got really interested in watching Seventh Wonder play, which I did.

So they had their show and I was blown away. The power of the singer and how naturally he reached those high notes, the insane bass solos (Which I had in the past only found within extreme prog metal bands that I don't listen to
'cause of the death metal in it) and how tight the band played for the music being so advanced.

I came home and purchased Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls. An album that introduced me to a wonderful band, that
if you never heard 'em, you definitely should! The lyrics and concept are great (Specially the Mercy Falls story) and the bassplayer is one of the greatest bass players I've seen. The music is really original filled with constant
rhythmic variations without making it sound odd or random and keeping it on a fantastic musical level.

Let me hear from you who listens to this great band as well! Or people that might want to discover them!
Raok View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:06
Awesome band, met them during the release party of their latest album "The Great Escape"
Nice and friendly bunch of musicans :)
 Post Reply Post Reply