Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Similar to Jade Warrior "Waves/Eno "Evening Star"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSimilar to Jade Warrior "Waves/Eno "Evening Star"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Similar to Jade Warrior "Waves/Eno "Evening Star"
    Posted: December 20 2010 at 03:34
 I just love Jade Warrior's "Waves Pt. 1" & Fripp and Eno's "Evening Star". Such beautiful music. I want more stuff along the lines of this. I just can't seem to find anything similar. I don't even know where to begin searching. I'm not sure what it could be classified as. Ambient that isn't too boring?... Any artists or tracks come to mind? THANKS!!!
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 09:18
Jade Warrior-Kites, Horizon, At Peace. and Breathing the Storm

Popol Vuh-Aquirre, Einsjager & Siebenjager, Hosianna Mantra, and Spirit Of Peace.

Popol Vuh are considered to be spiritual however, these 4 titles cross paths with the 4 Jade Warrior titles I've mentioned above. The pieces "King Minos" sounds quite like the band Jade Warrior from the Island period.

Hiroki Okano- Rainbow...over the Gypsy Hill.....find a used copy on Amazon.

Many of the artists on the Celestial Harmonies label cross into the "Waves Part 1" sound. Try ASIA MUSIC for an introduction to these artists.

Steve Jolliffe ....ex-Tangerine Dream member and his early releases will surely guide you through that realm. "Warrior" and "Journey Out Of A Body" which features Tony Duhig from Jade Warrior on guitar.

Soundscapes from the early Mike Oldfield touch upon the sound and stretch out between 5 to 8 minutes sometimes. Sections of Tubular Bells featuring Jon Field from Jade Warrior on flute. Also Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn. Sections of Stomu Yamashta's music. Only early titles. Red Buddha Theatre features a piece titled "Mountain Pass" which says it all for me and sections of "Sea & Sky" and "Tempest" which are later releases. 

You will never find music similar to Waves/Eno and not in the sense that it would ever be exacting. Mostly it would be sections of other band's pieces that are reminiscent in vibe and sound. If there are other artists that run a much closer or similar sound, I have yet to discover them.  

Edited by TODDLER - December 21 2010 at 09:42
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 18:42
Hi,

Get the new album by the Djam Karet folks that also has Richard Pinhas on it.

Ukab Maerd is the name of the album. I haven't put it down yet and it makes "progressive" sound so repetitive and boring and sickening ...

Edited by moshkito - December 30 2010 at 18:42
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply