Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKarnataka

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karnataka
    Posted: March 17 2011 at 02:49
Listening to Karnataka's 4 albums in a row."The Gathering Light" is very impressive. Just finished "Forsaken" OMG such, well everything happening here! Strings, FUM guitars, strong bass chords, down to subtle vocals. WOW
Well, there it is. (Amadeus)
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 16:24
HI,

I have heard a couple of things, and can not identify them very well, when I was listening to some net radio ... the cut was like 12 or 14 minutes long, and it was not great, but had some catchy moments that got your ears going ... what's that? ... and you checked it out. 

In general, and this is not a review, but simply a statement off my memory, too much of it was buried amidst a lot of music that should not be listed as "progressive", but was being played. Can't remember the streaming group I head this from ... but in the end, this was nice, but most of what they played was not impressive at all ... and the mix and duplication of what they played was bad, and over board and eventually got me to dump them altogether. Not to mention that when I wanted to do a show, they immediately asked for $30 bux per month ... but one of the folks in their group did not like the non-repetitive nature of my idea and concept ... so I told them to flip off ... and I never took to listen to some of those groups they played, this being one of them.

Evanescence was the other one I listened to. Not bad, but it is ... just a copy! Good singer, for sure!

When everyone is just a dollar for you, and you do not know the difference, it's time to leave!

Edited by moshkito - March 17 2011 at 16:25
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Steven Brodziak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 02:29
I wasn't streaming. I have the 4 albums. (Well digital form). I thought they really improved in the 2010 album. I like full sound. Over done? I can see that in a drum or guitar solo or something to that effect but you can't overdo great bass chords in my book.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 14:38
Hi,

I was trying to mention Live 365, but the wording and name wasn't coming up when I wrote that.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 15:20
Its a beautiful album, extremely pleasant and profoundly emotional though certainly not complex. Does it need math to be seriously considered? Hmmm, all I can say is that Moment in Time is a perfect love song.... Anything wrong with love?  
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2011 at 09:53
^ Moment in Time is indeed a great tune...

The Gathering Light is a very good album, though as you say not complex (at all, I would add) and certainly more interesting than their previous one. I have not listened to the first two though.

For those looking for a "smooth" form of prog (is there such thing?)
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2011 at 12:07
You should try Breathing Space , a harder version of Mostly Autumn , led by iain Jennings, MA revolving keysman.
Coming Up for Air and Below the Radar are very both good discs.... Olivia can sing like the wind...

Edited by tszirmay - March 19 2011 at 12:14
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Steven Brodziak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2011 at 03:38
I will look them up!
 Post Reply Post Reply