Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Information about the hungarian prog band ' Syrius
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInformation about the hungarian prog band ' Syrius

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Information about the hungarian prog band ' Syrius
    Posted: March 26 2011 at 09:33
Hi everybody!
 I looked after the 'Syrius' on the progarchives.com but I haven' t find anything yet, so I think it would be good to present this very good band. So here is the story of the band :
Syrius was formed by †Zsolt Baronits ( wind instruments ) in 1962. At first they had played beat, but in 1968 the band broke up.
After this, Baronits (wind instruments ) reorganized the group with members,† Miklós "Jackie" Orszáczky ( bass guitar , singer ), László Pataki ( keyboards ), Mihály Ráduly ( wind instruments ) ,† András Veszelinov ( drums ). This line-up was the band's classical line-up between 1970-'73. They played the most originally and difficult progressive  jazzrock in Hungary. They could make only one album( The Devil's Masquerade ) in Australia but they were succesful there.When they came back to Hungary, Tibor Tátrai ( guitarist ) joined the band, but they couldn' t go back to Australia ( the reason if unknown ) some members left the band. They made an other album in 1976 with a different line-up called 'Széttört álmok' ( Broken dreams). They gave their last concert in 2001.

Source : Wikipedia
Döme94 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2011 at 09:38
 Post Reply Post Reply