Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCredo announce UK Tour Dates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Credo announce UK Tour Dates
    Posted: April 19 2011 at 03:26
http://www.credo.gb.com/merchandise.html

This Saturday, The Peel, Kingston Upon Thames, with Matt Stevens from 8pm. Credo's new album "Against Reason" will be on sale, along with some very lovely t-shirts! We have Ladies sizes too!! :-)

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 10:37

Here are the rest of the dates which have been announced:

Saturday 23rd April, The Peel, Kingston-upon-Thames.
Sunday 15th May, Robin 2, Wolverhampton (Guests of The Tangent).
Thursday 19th May, Electric Garden Festival, Blackpool.
Friday 20th May, The Ferry, Glasgow (with Guests Abel Ganz & Comedy Of Errors)
Tuesday 21st June, The Borderline (Guests of Solstice)
Sunday 3rd July, Robin 2, Wolverhampton (Headline).

Sunday 7th August, Cambridge Rock Festival, Barton, Cambs.

Edited by Easy Livin - April 19 2011 at 10:40
progrockfreak View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 20:11

The new album is excellent - mine arrived yesterday, and I love it already!! I feel a trip to the Robin 2 comin' on...

jillile View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 08:49
http://www.dprp.net/concrev/2011_credo_1.php

This is the review of the Credo, Alan Reed gig at Rotherham.  An excellent review, thanks to John O'Boyle.
Please support The Peel and Live Music, and get over to Kingston Upon Thames on Saturday, to join Credo in their Album Launch Party.

Thanks.

amcy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 10:35
Really looking forward to this gig (even if the Peel is a real pain to get to). The album is getting better with each play and will definitely finish the year on my top few albums. Well worth the wait.
jillile View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 11:04
This is a review about Against Reason posted on the classicrockmagazine.com site by Malcolm Dome. 

On the prog side, Credo offer up melody and thoughtfully understated musicianship on Against Reason (Festival Music). Now 20 years old, this British band once more show the value of knowing how to keep songs sharp and structured. They also have a certain joyous, tumbling energy, which makes the album entertaining.”

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/classic-rocks-new-releases-round-up-39/

There is also joyous, tumbling energy in their live shows, and some "stand-up comedy"!!!

mattstevens View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 13:45
See you at the Peel - really looking forward to it
"Ghost is a phenomenal piece of work that has already garnered countless frothing plaudits within the online prog and post-rock firmament" Classic Rock Presents Prog

http://mattstevensguitar.com
jillile View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2011 at 13:12
CREDO, ABEL GANZ AND COMEDY OF ERRORS ARE HOSTING A SCOTTISH PROG EVENING AT THE FERRY, GLASGOW on 20th May

Credo are proud to be back with their new release “Against Reason”, which is receiving fantastic reviews.   Jim Murdoch and Tim Birrell (Co-Founders of Credo) are Scottish from outside of Glasgow.  It has always been their dream to play at The Ferry. 

Comedy of Errors, the re-born Scottish Neo-Prog legends last played together about twenty years ago.  They have all been busy working on different projects.  The fans of Comedy of Errors wanted the band to reform, which they did a couple of years ago, and have been working on a new album.  Their first gig back together will be at The Scottish Prog evening on the 20th.  Look out for erstwhile Ganz keyboards maestro Hew Montgomery making an appearance with the Errors on . . . . bass?!!

Abel Ganz are especially looking forward to this gig, since it is their first show in our own home town for some time.  Abel Ganz will be playing  festivals in Blackpool and Kingston.

jillile View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 07:04

Scottish Progressive Rock Special, The Ferry 20th May 2011.

The Ferry presents a unique opportunity to experience the best in contemporary progressive rock from three bands based in, or originating, from Scotland – CREDO, ABEL GANZ and COMEDY OF ERRORS.

CREDO

CREDO has its roots in Scotland as far back as the 1970s and for founding members Tim Birrell (guitar) and Jim Murdoch (bass), this landmark gig - as part of the Against Reason European Tour celebrating the launch in April 2011 of the band’s third album Against Reason - marks a return to Glasgow and their beloved Ferry after over 30 years’ absence.  Like the finest malt, Credo has been lovingly matured (in admittedly English barrels) over the years, also distilling the superb musicianship of Mark Colton (vocals), Mike Varty (keyboards) and Martin Meads (drums) along the way.  Having gained widespread acclaim and critical reviews for their 2nd album – Rhetoric – “Against Reason” is set to follow on in tremendous style.  This is big music - powerful melodies, lyrical challenges and a blistering live act not to be missed.  Which all goes to show that you can take the band out of Scotland, but you can never take Scotland out of the band.

"This is just an album of pure and sublime brilliance." John O'Boyle, Sea of Tranquility April 2011

"Now 20 years old, this British band once more show the value of knowing how to keep songs sharp and structured. They also have a certain joyous, tumbling energy, which makes the album entertaining. “Malcolm Dome 22nd April www.classicrockmagazine.com

ABEL GANZ

Glasgow progressive rockers ABEL GANZ can also boast a long and illustrious history.  Formed in 1980, they can claim to have brought former Pallas vocalist Alan Reed to the public’s attention on their first album Gratuitous Flash released in 1984. With five albums in succession, they were frequent players on the Scottish stage during the 1980s and ‘90s.  Returning stronger than ever in 2008 with the critically acclaimed album Shooting Albatross, they have now gained a worldwide audience.  Work is well under way with a follow up album and Abel Ganz will be treating us to tracks from them both at the Ferry.

COMEDY OF ERRORS

This will be Comedy of Errors first live gig in 20 years.  Not the most typical band of the prog scene, Comedy Of Errors formed nebulously in the wake of the neo prog revival, members coming from in and around the Glasgow area, Scotland. As a new era beckons they have released their debut album ' DISOBEY ' ...occasionally futuristic but with a glance back to the classic, anthemic, epic flashes of renaissance style harmony - Floyd meets Muse in the Court of the Gentle Giant ?..well maybe. There is a focus and intensity in every song, each a mini epic in it's own right..something that doesn't derive of a subconscious attempt to emulate heroes from yesteryear..Dare I say it..Comedy Of Errors are a bit different.

i www.credo.gb.com

i www.abelganz.com

i www.comedyoferrors.org

fuzzyscot View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 02:32
yes jillie comedy are a bit different.....having worked with the guys back in the good
old days i am keenly waiting to hear the new stuff and wish i could be in glasgow to go to see
the gig,but i will have to wait till the new cd gets across the pond before i hear the new sound
of glasgow prog, good luck guys from the usa,tony

TartanTantrum View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 17:32
I went to the gig, and what  a great night it was. I hadn't heard any Comedy of Errors before, so I was not sure what to expect. They played an instrumental called Prelude, Riff and Fugue which was sensational. When it began (with harpsichord) it had echoes of Focus, but when the guitar solo came in it had me purring with delight. I bought the album there and then and it is excellent. Abel Ganz were next up They didn't play So Far, which was a bit disappointing, but they did play some new material which sounded very good. Credo were fabulous and what a good sound they had. You could hear every word of the lyrics. These guys can play.
666 is no longer alone
fuzzyscot View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 01:31
i knew the guys would be good,disobey has been brewing for a long time.
well done to jim,joe and mark,and the newbies hew and bruce.
would love to try and get them some gigs over here in the states,anybody on the west coast interested??
nicol88 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 04:11

Thanks for letting travel guide us know about other good stuff !

Edited by nicol88 - May 24 2013 at 07:44
 Post Reply Post Reply