Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Radio Massacre International Chorlton May 7th 2011
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRadio Massacre International Chorlton May 7th 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Massacre International Chorlton May 7th 2011
    Posted: May 09 2011 at 19:17
"One of the best RMI gigs that I've been too, and that's quite a few. They returned to their original style, and did it brilliantly."
"It was a really great night. The church was a great venue, very atmospheric. I agree with Phil that it's one of the best RMI gigs that I've been to as well (and ive been to quite a few also!) "
"RMI were awesome in a superb church setting.The sequencing was brill with really bass heavy lines coming from the Minimoog rack which Duncan had retrofitted"
"... it was brilliant from start to finish. It was the best rmi gig I've ever been to. Can't wait for the VT. Please do another one. The church was a brilliant setting."
"... it was awesome, the sound was amazing and RMI were out of this world. I hope it can happen again."
"It was well worth a trip from the Isle of Wight to witness it. Have been to most of their gigs in Britain from the early October Gallery ones, Jodrell Bank, NSC, Hampshire Jam, Awakenings etc, and in my opinion the second set was probably the best of the lot. It was surprising how good the acoustics were in such a high ceiling, but it was absolutely perfect for Electronic Music. Roll on the next one!"
"I've been to quite a few RMI gigs over the years and enjoyed them all but their 1997 October Gallery appearance remained my personal favourite. Until now! Last night was absolutely sensational!
Back to the original 3-piece, they seemed to refine every element I love about RMI and present it in wave after wave of sensational EM. Tremendous sequences were embellished with a new, invigorated percussive element but the most notable aspects were the lush, infectious, sensational melodics infused in many sections. The opening set was gobsmacking enough, but the 2nd section was truly out of this world. Culminating in a jaw dropping melodic, anthemic wall of symphonic layers which built layer upon layer into an incredible wall of sound.
The sound quality was absolutely incredible too!
I'm truly stunned. An evening I personally will never forget. "

Check out the video clips on youtube...

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 21:51
Hey thanks for that review i'm a big fan of these guys too.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
 Post Reply Post Reply