Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeuronium and Vangelis London

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neuronium and Vangelis London
    Posted: September 19 2011 at 15:28
Neuronium and Vangelis, A Separate affair, on heavy rotation for me since i got it 2 weeks ago, kind of deep space opera not that far from greatest early Schulze and Tangerine dream, any other space fellows keen on it on PA, try it!!!Smile Heart Only 35 mn but what a fantastic journey    

Edited by jean-marie - September 19 2011 at 16:08
FAIS QUE TON REVE SOIT PLUS LONG QUE LA NUIT HAVE YOUR DREAM LASTING LONGER THAN THE NIGHT
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 17:12
Hi,

Super nice indeed, although I am not sure that a board like this will appreciate it as much, because it is not "progressive". Considering that Vangelis rarely does live shows, that one is awesome and worth having.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 01:53
I've had a copy for ages but rarely ever play it. Will give it a spin later and give my thoughts
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 15:31

..yes it is very nice and Moshkito you are correct that its not really 'progressive' as such. I think I might dig out the copy I have of Steve Hillage's Rainbow Dome Music and give that a try next (although I'm not sure If I will be able to find itTongue)

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 20:34
Hi,

The hard thing to fathom, is the one thing that is not understood and appreciated in all of this board and the reason why I said it ... and it is that the ability to play this stuff on stage, and it wasn't just a solo on one keyboard a la Emerson, or Wakeman, makes this really important, even if the music sounds so soft and not as vivid as some classical styled chops would normally sound like.

It is really hard, to describe that music, other than its "visual content" that is extremelly individualistic for each and everyone of us. I just close my eyes and let the movie fly! ... that simple!

And that always was one of the reasons why I never thought that Emerson, or Wakeman, or Toni Banks, were that much more important or "progressive" ... simply because they played something that "we recognized" instead of what a Vangelis, Neuronium, Tangerine Dream or Klaus Schulze and so many others did ... which was a true exploration of the synthesizer and its abilities and potential. Playing just one lick on one sound ... big deal! That's not even "progressive". 

Haven't heard "Rainbow Dome Musik" for a while, and it is very pretty and I love to write to it.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 20:56
I haven't heard the Neuronium and Vangelis, but I have about 10 Neuronium cd's. The second release with Nico reciting Edgar Allen Poe is different. One of my favorites is Chromium Echoes.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 01:37
I did manage to find Rainbow Dome Musik after about 15 minutes searching (must be about 10 years since I last played it). Its a real gem and I throughly enjoyed listening to it again. I think that will be on constant rotation from now. This and the Vangelis album are the only real spacey instrumental albums I own.

I used to have Neuronium- Heritage on cassette many years ago. There was a track called Tourqemada that I really liked.
not really 'spacey' though but quite nice
jean-marie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 07:51
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

The hard thing to fathom, is the one thing that is not understood and appreciated in all of this board and the reason why I said it ... and it is that the ability to play this stuff on stage, and it wasn't just a solo on one keyboard a la Emerson, or Wakeman, makes this really important, even if the music sounds so soft and not as vivid as some classical styled chops would normally sound like.

It is really hard, to describe that music, other than its "visual content" that is extremelly individualistic for each and everyone of us. I just close my eyes and let the movie fly! ... that simple!

And that always was one of the reasons why I never thought that Emerson, or Wakeman, or Toni Banks, were that much more important or "progressive" ... simply because they played something that "we recognized" instead of what a Vangelis, Neuronium, Tangerine Dream or Klaus Schulze and so many others did ... which was a true exploration of the synthesizer and its abilities and potential. Playing just one lick on one sound ... big deal! That's not even "progressive". 

Haven't heard "Rainbow Dome Musik" for a while, and it is very pretty and I love to write to it.
I couln't say better Moshki Thumbs Up
FAIS QUE TON REVE SOIT PLUS LONG QUE LA NUIT HAVE YOUR DREAM LASTING LONGER THAN THE NIGHT
jean-marie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 07:54
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I did manage to find Rainbow Dome Musik after about 15 minutes searching (must be about 10 years since I last played it). Its a real gem and I throughly enjoyed listening to it again. I think that will be on constant rotation from now. This and the Vangelis album are the only real spacey instrumental albums I own.

I used to have Neuronium- Heritage on cassette many years ago. There was a track called Tourqemada that I really liked.
not really 'spacey' though but quite nice
  Yes Rainbow dome Musik is a nice album though quite different from other Hillage releases,
 Post Reply Post Reply