FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEcholyn release finally coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 21:05
Great great album - yet another ECHOLYN classic... this band NEVER fails!!!
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 22:26
Originally posted by clarkray clarkray wrote:

This must be the same Frank Swarbrick that used to frequent the old 60S_70S_PROGROCK Fidonet echo.  This is Clark Ray, you may remember me...heh, or not!

Anyway, good to read a familiar name from years ago.

Ah yes, the new echolyn album is really quite something.  It's got a whole bunch of complexities and is taking a long time to digest, as Mei also did with me.  I've spent most time with "Islands" and it's really something.  The band has always been good in compositions but this track shows a new maturity.  I'm really impressed and I know each time I listen to it I'll discover something new about it.

Clark Ray

Oh!  I'm famous!  Smile
Yep, good ole Fidonet and the 60S_70S_PROGROCK echo.  So funny they gave it that specific name.  Didn't we have people occasionally say we couldn't talk about 80s and god forbid 90s prog there, because of the name?  Oy!  Wink

(For replying with a quote of the original message select the "quote" feature instead of "reply".)
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2012 at 02:13
This is my first Echolyn album and I'm completely hooked. Why aren't these guys more popular? They should be huge...

Ironically, Infocat, I'm listening to "The Cardinal and I" and read your signature right with the chorus.

Edited by Zombywoof - July 22 2012 at 02:15
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
TChant View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2012 at 21:50
Great band, I must look into this new release..
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 13:34
Originally posted by Zombywoof Zombywoof wrote:

This is my first Echolyn album and I'm completely hooked. Why aren't these guys more popular? They should be huge...

Ironically, Infocat, I'm listening to "The Cardinal and I" and read your signature right with the chorus.

Hey, I was just reading some posts from you on progressiveears Thumbs Up

You're the 19 year old prog wonder child LOL

Yes, the new album is fantastic, quite possibly their best work.  They are not more popular probably because they are American, are not strictly "prog", and have real jobs that keep them from putting out albums regularly.

Check out Suffocating The Bloom, As The World, and Mei for more of their finest work.  The first two are quite different from what they've done since 2000, much more traditionally "proggy" (whatever that means, lol) with a lot of Gentle Giant influence.  Mei is much more in the vein of the current album.  All their albums are worth a listen, but those three, along with the new one, are the best IMO.
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 14:01
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Originally posted by Zombywoof Zombywoof wrote:

Hey, I was just reading some posts from you on progressiveears Thumbs UpYou're the 19 year old prog wonder child LOLYes, the new album is fantastic, quite possibly their best work.  They are not more popular probably because they are American, are not strictly "prog", and have real jobs that keep them from putting out albums regularly.Check out Suffocating The Bloom, As The World, and Mei for more of their finest work.  The first two are quite different from what they've done since 2000, much more traditionally "proggy" (whatever that means, lol) with a lot of Gentle Giant influence.  Mei is much more in the vein of the current album.  All their albums are worth a listen, but those three, along with the new one, are the best IMO.

I'm interested in checking out their older 'weird' stuff! Added to my extremely long list, thanks!
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123