Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDødsverk recommended

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dødsverk recommended
    Posted: June 24 2012 at 13:16
Is there any interest for the Norwegian act Dødsverk, i think they should appeal to many fans of avant metal on PA, they diserve much more attention and fans, their music is to good to be kept as a seacret, the music is to good to be not listend to or to be forgotten even if the band is no-more, the music albums are hard to get a hand on, it is fair to give the band some respect, i give them tons of respect and they have climbed to my list of top 10 faourite bands of all time, and my favourite metal band together with Mastodon overall, Mastodon have something to learn of Dødsverk in terms of energy and innovativeness, Døsverk is probably the most naturaly skilled avant metal bands i have heard from Norway, it is very passionate, extremely well crafted songs, the songs is structured around jazz more then metal, the metal is the instrumentation but the skelleton is jazz/avant the core of the band is jazz-musicians/metal musicia, nothing sounds forced,nothing sounds contrived or tence, nothing of the music on the two albums sounds uninspired, nothing sounds dated, it have its own timelssnessness, i will use bold words to say they are the best unkown unkown band from Norway, that, the level of quality on the only two albums is unmatched in thier high level of

http://open.spotify.com/artist/7LgffeFH9btZkZPUQjMlk6

(criterias why i like this band very much and which are their strengths)

• superb musicianship,
  • intellegant songwriting,
  • inspired preformance,
  •  high energy,
  •  balls Embarrassed,
  • out of boddy experience,
  •  unpredictabilaty in how they contruct songs and delivers it,
  •  senceabilaty, in that they know what they are doing..
  •  flair,
  •  flow,
  •  dynamical pressision,
  • technical abilaty
  •  abilatys to play almost imposible time sigs,
  •  counterpoints,
  •  uheard mixture of styles,

I think this band should get more reviews, talk and attention in the forum by prog fans, no metal band diserve more atteniton then this band i woiuld say, the muisc they produced have non of its likes IMO

i know it is big words but sometimes overstating is one way to give a band some heavy bost and might gain them some new fans,, as i know they will fall in good hands for most people here who likes energic and innovative bands of the 90s, by far one of the most progressive bands of that decade

Edited by aginor - June 25 2012 at 06:56
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 04:53
it is horrible how overlooked this band is, people are missing out, i know that, couse i know best Clown,, (kidding), im just feal bit lonly in my praise for them and i am fairly certain more then me will find this band a good find,

I also like if people responds to trys to highlight bands that are not the top 7 of prog or any of the top acts in prog metal, here i try hard to promote a unknown, dissbanded band, whos albums is really hard to get and info is dfficult to get a hand on, and no interest, like people liek it comforting which is wrong on a prog forum, interesting bands should peak for any prog fans, im just sad to feal I am the only one who actualy adore Dødsverk, they are basicly forgotten in Norway also, non of my music friends know of them. A prog fan should give themself a favout to listen to the album Sjelefred, basicly one of the best progressive (rock) albums from Norway, this album is as revolutionary as Death, Atheist and Cynics debute albums, the tripod of progressive tech death metal, it is much more progressive then Ulvers debute, Opeths debute, and Arcturus debute,

album Sjelefred will apeal to fans of Tool, the Mars Volta, Cynic, Death, UneXpect, Major Parkinson, Jaga Jazzist, Motorpsycho, Primus, Faith No More, free jazz, P-funk, Bootsy Collins, System of a Down, heavy heavy heavy Comus, abstractness, quirkyness, obscurness, odd-time sigs, headbanging, and just heck of fun, will love Dødsverk,

yes they have all the elements in one album as mention above   

Fans of Jazz/fusion sheck out Sjelefred       
http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/7371/cover_4535152852012_r.jpeg
                                                                             fans of avant prog with Mellotron sheck out                                                           
                                                                    Fun For All the Family
http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/7371/cover_1945152852012_r.jpg

Edited by aginor - June 25 2012 at 05:09
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 06:13
the song Blomst have the most insane time sig, works as a time sig section / breakdown, akin to the Cinema Show

• ·         Blomst - Dødsverk - jazz rock, odd time sigs, post rock

Edited by aginor - June 25 2012 at 06:16
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2012 at 06:50
Yes, an  excellent band, very very interesting, recently added to the site

For those who enjoy "eclectic" experimental metal with several twists, this is a band to aim for
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2012 at 06:56
i have rated both albums allready and written reviews
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 10:08
Hie

hello where are you fans of avant garde metal, embrace the force of Dødsverk, (deathwork),

fellow PAers from Norway be awere of the greatness of this once band which issent anymore, embrace the music and play it loud, and bang your head, and dance on tables,

i hate to be the only person who is enthusiastic about this band, i nead fellow PAers who are awere of them, listens to them, like them, and can talk at length about the band,

i also would like to see more reviews of albums, more analytical reviews and informative reviews, from metal heads, and avant heads, and other heads

are there heads around,

thanks
Headbanger
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 13:13

Yes. I agree. Aginor persuaded me to get an account on that free icelandic music site. I have shown this band to a few people but i think it takes a certain kind of person to get into it... but once you start to get it the sound makes more sense. THIS is what music on the radio should sound like. There are choruses and moments of catchiness but damn they are creative.

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 13:35
do you get what is said about nu metal elements Smurph
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 13:52
Yea. But really this is kinda pre-nu metal. It's nu metal in the sense that Mr Bungle is nu metal. Both are solid amazing precursors to the genre and are way better than their derivatives.
Plus its like prog grunge too.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 15:23
Originally posted by Smurph Smurph wrote:

Yea. But really this is kinda pre-nu metal. It's nu metal in the sense that Mr Bungle is nu metal. Both are solid amazing precursors to the genre and are way better than their derivatives.
Plus its like prog grunge too.
i know right

do you notice how more vastly the mellotron plays a role in the second album and is not found on the first.

the second album is clearly more eclectic prog similar then avant prog similar, i would think more hard hitting and vintage and closer to classic prog influence

the first album have a more wilder jazz sound, more avant garde,

SMURPH (1 )i would say the first album is avant garde metal, (2) i would say the second album is pure eclectic progressive metal

Edited by aginor - July 17 2012 at 15:39
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2012 at 12:27
I would agree with your statement- I would definitely put them up there with Ved Buens Ende in terms of avant-weirdness. But really they are the kind of music that doesn't give a flying rat's butt about genres. :-D It's great.
 Post Reply Post Reply