FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPineapple Island Tribesmen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pineapple Island Tribesmen
    Posted: August 28 2012 at 19:07
 Hey, I'm a member of this band so I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to post or not but we're trying to finally get the word out. We've been playing together for a few years now off and on with only a handful of shows so there is nothing officially released but you can check out our music at http://www.myspace.com/pineappleislandtribesmen. I really think my prog brothers and sisters here might really enjoy this. I don't quite know how to describe it other then eclectic prog. Ultimately I'd just like to get the word out and hope for a tour soon. Thanks. Pineapple Island Tribesmen!
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 03:02
Yes, 'Unsigned Bands' forum is as good a place as any to introduce us to your music - it is for prog bands with no official releases, and that is exactly what you are at present! (You COULD have posted in 'Get The Word Out' forum since you are actually directly involved with the band, but I still think that Unsigned Bands forum is the better choice of the two for an up-and-coming new band).

As for your music - it's definitely prog, though I'm not sure whether this might be someting that RIO/Avant team might be interested in rather than Eclectic. Keishiro, who is one of key members of the RIO/Avant team, visits this forum regularly and he will have a much better idea about this than I have.

Whatever the case, keep us informed as more material becomes available or an EP is officially released. You almost have enough material for an EP of sufficient length to make you eligible for evaluation already - one more song would probably do it! Perhaps you might consider looking at bandcamp.com to get your music out to the masses when you're finally ready? They do all the donkey work for you, and you can be 'live' within a day or so of signing up. More info here: http://bandcamp.com/   Smile

Good luck with the tour! Thumbs Up

Edit: I'm appending a myspace link wth a hyperlink so that folks can access your music directly from here with one click of the mouse: http://www.myspace.com/pineappleislandtribesmen Embarrassed

Edited by yam yam - August 29 2012 at 03:08
Glimmung View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 10:34
Thanks for the help. We do have a full length album we recorded at home if anyone is interested in hearing more I'd be happy to send out digital copies.
 Post Reply Post Reply