Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone's Daughter "Adonis" 2010 Reissue - bonuses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnyone's Daughter "Adonis" 2010 Reissue - bonuses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone's Daughter "Adonis" 2010 Reissue - bonuses
    Posted: December 18 2012 at 21:24
As a huge fan of this early 80s Stuttgart group, I am surprised that it has taken me a couple of years to realize that their first album, often regarded as their best, has been reissued with 2 bonus live tracks and a video.  So what, you might say?  Well, the two cuts are 9 and 10 minutes long and previously unavailable in ANY form, having been recorded at a concert in 1977, a couple of years before their first album even appeared.  They are loosely in the vein of the title cut of the album, but aren't really suites, while still featuring the great keys and guitars as the main event.  The vocals are quite good too.  It is noticeably "live" in quality but still very listenable.  The album does not have many reviews, only a few of which would have appeared after this reissue, but none mention these songs.  The best news is that Amazon lets you download them for 0.99 each -ie-you don't have to buy the album again if you already have it.  

At some point I need to update my review to include a discussion of these invaluable bonus tracks, but I think I need to enjoy them for a while.

Anyone heard them caring to comment?

Edited by kenethlevine - December 19 2012 at 08:07
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 02:13
I kind of like them, but never cared enough to own an album. My uncle quite like Adonis and has a copy since its release and it's a very nice album, but I'm on no place to spend over R$ 100,00 on a band that I kind of like.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2015 at 14:09
I just updated my review of Adonis to reflect these two bonus cuts.  Rather than blending it into the original review, I opted for an addendum.  Once again, if you are a fan of the album, I think the two live bonus cuts are musts
 Post Reply Post Reply