Topic ClosedKaamos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaamos
    Posted: July 26 2005 at 12:05

As we had someone from Neuschwanstein review their disc in the ProgArchives as well as Mr. Dale Hauskins agressive push to promote the Flame Dream albums on which he played and Mr Williams having written a bio text for his band Audience , we now have another one from Kaamos : Mr. Kyosti Laihi. I know our young collaborator Suomi (Finnish ) WiguJimbo is on holidays in Rome , but maybe Matti or Emmu can confirm the content of the album: Is it any good ? Please note that the man only gave his work only three stars (as opposed to Hauskins that gave himself 5*) 

KAAMOS Deeds and Talks reviews
KAAMOS Deeds and Talks
Review (Permanent link) by Kyösti Laihi @ 1:47:30 AM EST, 1/31/2005

3 stars  —  Hello musiclovers!

My name is Kyösti Laihi and I was a keyboardplayer, basicly Hammond B-3 (in Takomo-studios, Helsinki Hammond C-3), piano and Minimoog synthesizer, which I could say is quite familiar to me. I was lucky to join the group in the age of 15 allthough other members were more experiented as professional musicians. Mostly we played are own material and few versions of songs (works) of Yes, Gentle Giant, Jethro Tull, Zappa, Todd Rundgren's Utopia and lots of other artists and bands we highly respected and loved. During the time of the recording of Deeds And Talks I was 17 of age, Ipe(Ilpo Murtojärvi), who composed the music was 22, Johnny Gustafsson 28, and Jakke Leivo 29. So the time has flown but each and every member are still musicians or involved to music in other ways. I had to retire on a pension because of MS, but I could say, that I'm happier, than ever. After Kaamos I formed a band of my own, what I can say was my lifework. It was named or titled The Boulevard and we were doing LOTS of different kind of projects in musicbusiness. TV-Shows, Nightclub performaces and thousands of groovy gigs... But anyway I sang to the same microfone than Celine Dion and Tommy Körberg, doesn't it make me a better man:) But still I think that winning the Finlands Eurovision Song Contest with Pepe Willbergs "Nauravat Silmät Muistetaan"1988 is propably THE thing that some people might remember. I personally refuse to remember...;-) Ipe (guit.&voc.) is working all the time as a topmusician everywhere in Finland (Recording, composing, arranging and been a session musician in recordings and TV-shows. Jakke Leivo (bass) had problems with his hearing and had to quit as a performig artist, and he is the most beloved and respected musicteacher in Oulunkylä Pop-Jazz conservatoire, Helsinki. What a fine man! Johnny Gustafsson (drums&voc.) was working as technician in studios and joined to the quite popular Disco&Dance styled pop-group named Bogart Co. and they did few records. Johnny is trying to get few earlier recordings pulished. Mabe this

Edited by Sean Trane
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 00:40

I haven't heard Kaamos' music. Well, I could some day borrow the vinyl from my town library as it seems to be there. Sounds interesting... If I borrow it I promise to say what I think. Thanks for your faith in me, Hugues.

Edited by Matti
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 07:51
Not realy a review he wrote but his text should at least remain on the front Kaamos page , I find!
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply