Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpock's Beard / Beardfish 2013 European Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spock's Beard / Beardfish 2013 European Tour
    Posted: March 05 2013 at 12:55
25 February 2013
InsideOut Music 20th Anniversary Presents Spock's Beard on tour with support from Beardfish and Sound of Contact
 InsideOut Music 20th Anniversary Presents Spocks Beard on tour with support from Beardfish and Sound of Contact
InsideOut Music's 20th Anniversary is extremely proud to present the European tour from progressive-rock legends Spock's Beard, who recently announce the release of their brand new studio album 'Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep'. Joining the band on this tour will be Swedish prog quartet Beardfish and Sound of Contact, the new band featuring Simon Collins and Dave Kerzner. Spock's Beard had this to say about the tour package:
"We are really looking forward to coming back to Europe and playing our new music. The combination of Spock's Beard, Sound of Contact and Beardfish promises to be really strong and entertaining for our fans!"

The tour dates can be found below:

May 2013 European Tour Dates
Spock's Beard
Beardfish, Sound of Contact

(G/S/A dates presented by: ROCK HARD, ECLIPSED & Dragon Productions

2.05.2013 Spirit of 66 - Verviers, Belgium
3.05.2013 Corporation - Sheffield, UK
4.05.2013 The Arches - Glasgow, UK
5.05.2013 Academy 2 - Newcastle, UK
6.05.2013 Robin 2 - Bilston, UK
7.05.2013 The Garage - London, UK
8.05.2013 La Scene Bastille - Paris, France
9.05.2013 Z7 - Pratteln, Czech Republic
10.05.2013 Hirsch - Nürnberg, Germany
11.05.2013 Majestic - Bratislava, Slovakia
12.05.2013 A38 - Budapest, Hungary
14.05.2013 Szene - Vienna, Switzerland
15.05.2013 Colos-Saal - Aschaffenburg, Germany
16.05.2013 Das Rind - Rüsselsheim, Germany
17.05.2013 Zeche - Bochum, Germany
18.05.2013 De Boerderij - Zoetermeer, Netherlands
19.05.2013 Markthalle - Hamburg, Germany

Spock's Beard's new studio album marks the recording debut of long-time live drummer Jimmy Keegan, and vocalist / guitarist Ted Leonard (Enchant, Thought Chamber). It also sees the return of one familiar name to the song-writing credits, that of Neal Morse who has co-written two tracks after having left the band way back in 2002.

Last year Beardfish released their most recent album The Void, an album which saw Prog Magazine describe them as 'one of the very finest that modern progressive rock has to offer.' It also saw the band go on a well-received European tour with supergroup Flying Colours, and play to some of their largest audiences. Principal song-writer Rikard Sjöblom had this to say about the upcoming dates:

We hadn't heard of Spock's Beard when we started in 2001 (and named our band Beardfish...), but I remember someone asking if they were a big influence and if that's where we got the name from(this question has been asked a million times since then) so I listened to "Beware of Darkness" and "V" and thought "wow, they must have listened to the same stuff we have!". Still, they had their own sound and fantastic musicianship (I mean: Ryo and Alan, come on!) and seeing some live clips I saw a band that had a lot of fun on stage which has always been what Beardfish is about too. We're really excited to get back on the road and feel that this will be a great triple combo, or as our bass player Robert put it: "You'll have two Beards with Sound Of Contact in your ears"... See you in May!

Sound Of Contact is the new brainchild of Simon Collins and Dave Kerzner, who were both recently seen contributing to Steve Hackett's Genesis Revisited 2 album. The band have finished work on their debut album, and this tour will see them debuting the material live to audiences in Europe for the first time.
The band comments:
"We're honored to be part of the upcoming Spock's Beard European InsideOutMusic tour, says Simon Collins, lead singer and drummer of the new progressive rock band "Sound of Contact". "It's an exciting and perfect opportunity for us to present the music off our debut album 'Dimensionaut" in Europe!"

Spock's Beard Online:
www.spocksbeard.com
www.facebook.com/spocksbeard
https://twitter.com/spocksb
www.youtube.com/Spocksbeard

Sound Of Contact Online:
http://www.facebook.com/soundofcontact
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2013 at 12:58
Spock's Beardfish has finally happened! I hope they bring the show to the U.S. I might go.
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2013 at 13:25
The new Spock's Beard album:
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2013 at 14:00
I so want to see this show, it must come to the US . . . 
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 02:42
^ I'd love to see this too Tongue

It's a shame that whilst they are in my neck of the woods I'll be on the other side of the Atlantic Ouch.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 11:06
The Beard were great last time I saw them, will definitely be going to Bilston. Shame I don't like Beardfish much.

Edited by sleeper - March 06 2013 at 11:06
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Dorsalia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 12:29
Dammit. I'd go to the Aschaffenburg show, but as I'm seeing IQ, Pain of Salvation and Steve Hackett every weekend before that, I might not have the dough...
"Es ist übrigens unmöglich, eine Meinung zu haben, ohne dass es unerfreuliche Überschneidungen gibt. Die Grünen sind für den deutschen Wald, die NPD ebenfalls."

happythe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 11:17
Yessss! And as if by majik, after many months of efforts, I've just today had my long-awaited breakthrough listen of the Void!

Meanwhile, I last listened to Spock's Beard almost ten years ago and didn't really like them, so it's high time I gave them another shot... Beer
Stop me from dreaming?
Okay :-(
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 11:59
The Void was definitely a bit of a tougher nut to crack than the last few albums, but once you get it, everything makes sense.
robertmcclung View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 00:09

I had the extreme pleasure of working with Ryo Okumoto on my new album. Spock's Beard is such a huge influence to me, I was honored to work with him, and his tracks are amazing!

See more information here....

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/telergy-the-legend-of-goody-cole-album

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 02:26
Dammit Angry - they'll never bring that package to Australia.........................
wjohnd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 05:25
Saw the beards at the arches in Glasgow last night. Great gig from the headliners, leaning heavily towards their new material, but with a sprinkle of oldies.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2013 at 21:53
I already posted this to "Prog News," my friend Mychael Pollard will sit in on keys for a few Spock's Beard gigs in California! 

This is the announcement: 

July 9, 2013

An Important Announcement from Spock's Beard:

As you may have already heard, we are going to be doing a couple of shows in SoCal in August as part of the "Bring the Prog Back" North American Tour with Sound of Contact and Jolly. We're very excited about it to say the least!

However, due to personal reasons and schedule conflicts, Ryo Okumoto will not be performing at these shows. In his absence, please join us in welcoming Mr. Mychael Pollard who will be subbing for Ryo. You can check out Mychael on YouTube.

http://www.spocksbeard.com/

-----

Check out Mychael's videos on YouTube, the guy is outstanding!  Congrats, Mychael! 

Post Reply Post Reply