Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 115>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2020 at 08:30
RIP Jack Sherman of the great Red Hot Chili Peppers in their beginnings... this was six days ago, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

Edited by Lewian - August 24 2020 at 08:31
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 13:12
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

RIP Jack Sherman of the great Red Hot Chili Peppers in their beginnings... this was six days ago, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

RiP to one of the most inovative guitarist of hes generation, The impact the guitarwork of early Red Hot Chili Peppers can not be understated. Often are the bass work talked about when Red Hot is mentioned in any referance but the sharp and funky guitar work is quite something special
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 14:08
RiP Joe Ruby creator of Scooby Doo, one of the most influentual persons in the cartoon buisnes.
I have had many good moments watching Scooby Doo-cartoons as a child.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2020 at 22:49
RiP to Chadwick Boseman aka the Black Panther ggone too soon. A very good actor whom passed way to soon only 43 years of age. died by complications due to cancer.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2020 at 09:44
That shocked me.  They said that he was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago, but I had no idea.  That is really sad since he was so young.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2020 at 11:28
Gone too soon!  R.I.P.

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2020 at 13:15
That is a real shame.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2020 at 12:16
Michael B Jordans eulagy to Chadwick, i could not finnish it cause it was to painfull and sad to read
. I don't think wee yet have understood how important hes role as Black Panther have ment. But it ment so very much to so many people.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2020 at 08:41
RIP to Tom Seaver, one of the greatest baseball pitchers of my lifetime. He passed away on August 31 at the age of 75 from complications of dementia and Covid-19.

Edited by progaardvark - September 03 2020 at 08:43
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2020 at 07:26
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 08:50
This one hits hard... RIP Diana Rigg... I bet some prog fans loved Emma Peel! And she did lots of good stuff after the 60s/70s. Cry

dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2020 at 04:12
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

This one hits hard... RIP Diana Rigg... I bet some prog fans loved Emma Peel! And she did lots of good stuff after the 60s/70s. Cry

'hits hard' is an understatement.  That was my girl, one of my early crushes.  Let's not forget Mrs. Bond.  R.I.P.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 06:00
'Toots' Hibbert (Toots and The Maytals) died Saturday, age 77.

CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 12:36
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 09:45
Uriah Heep and Ozzy Osbourne drummer Lee Kerslake dead at 73

Lee Kerslake has died at the age of 73. The drummer, who played on many of Uriah Heep's albums and on Ozzy Osbourne's classic Blizzard Of Oz and Diary Of A Madman, succumbed to prostate cancer after a long illness.

The news was confirmed by former Uriah Heep member Ken Hensley, who wrote, "It's with the heaviest of hearts that I share with you that Lee Kerslake, my friend of 55 years and the best drummer I ever played with, lost his battle with cancer at 03:30 this morning. He died peacefully, praise The Lord, but he will be terribly missed". Read more

Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 09:50
I just got an email from Ozzy's website promoting the 40th anniversary of Blizzard of Ozz. Apparently they will be doing a special on Ozzy's Sirius channel where they play the entire album with Ozzy discussing the songs.  

RIP Lee Kerslake.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 12:11
rest in peacd Lee Kerslake, a real legend and an icon of heavy rock/prog/metal
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 05:46
Michael Lonsdale, the British-French actor famous for playing one of James Bond's most iconic villains, has died at 87.
Lonsdale passed away on Monday at 7 a.m. ET, his agent confirmed to CNN. The cause of his death is unknown.
Lonsdale starred opposite Roger Moore in the 1979 film "Moonraker" as the villain Hugo Drax, an industrialist who was plotting to commit global genocide.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 06:02
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Michael Lonsdale, the British-French actor famous for playing one of James Bond's most iconic villains, has died at 87.
Lonsdale passed away on Monday at 7 a.m. ET, his agent confirmed to CNN. The cause of his death is unknown.
Lonsdale starred opposite Roger Moore in the 1979 film "Moonraker" as the villain Hugo Drax, an industrialist who was plotting to commit global genocide.

Lonsdale was also the avaricious abbot of the monastery in Umberto Eco's The Name Of the Rose starring Sean Connery as the monk William of Baskerville.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 06:33
Three famous quotes from Moonraker......

Hugo Drax addressing James Bond:-

"At least I shall have the pleasure of putting you out of my misery."

"You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season."

"Mr. Bond, you defy all my attempts to plan an amusing death for you."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 115>