Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 117>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 05:08
One of the best pitchers in the history of MLB, Bob Gibson.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 09:49
^ Very sad news.....RIP
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 12:26
He had such an unorthodox style, looked like he'd fall over when he pitched.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2020 at 04:53
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

He had such an unorthodox style, looked like he'd fall over when he pitched.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 13:44
RIP Eddie Van Halen 

He was 65. His influence cannot be overstated imo. RIP Eddie.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 13:46
I just saw this and was looking for the RIP thread to post it.  2020 really sucks!!!!

Edited by rushfan4 - October 06 2020 at 13:47
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 13:47
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

RIP Eddie Van Halen 

one of the bands of my youth, can't believe it... Unhappy
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 13:48
R.I.P.

I wish we ain't talkin' 'bout his death. Ouch
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 13:49
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

RIP Eddie Van Halen 

one of the bands of my youth, can't believe it... Unhappy
Wow. That's a shocker.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 13:57
I'm tempted to play something by VH since I have all their albums up to and including 0u812 but it's too soon. 
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 14:04
Eddie Van Halen - Black and White Art Print by Tom Carlton

A galactic talent who gave more than is even realized or recorded, the guitarist of a generation and beyond.   Always wished he'd done a solo album.

An incalculable loss, and way too soon.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 14:05
Just saw this on Facebook . 
 RIP  Eddie. Cry
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 14:07
rip Eddie you were unique to your craft and an original. Copyed by many yet few could predict a guitarist like him would enter the scene

Edited by Icarium - October 06 2020 at 14:08
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 15:03
Horrible news. An icon with the stature of a Hendrix, Clapton or Blackmore. RIP Eddie.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 06:01
Baseball hall-of-famer and former Reds and Astros second baseman Joe Morgan passed away at the age of 77.

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 06:16
I've seen him play many times in person as well as on the TV. Fantastic 2nd baseman. RIP.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 08:07
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I've seen him play many times in person as well as on the TV. Fantastic 2nd baseman. RIP.

Hi,

One of the nicest memories I have is listening to the Dodger's Vin Scully in those days and one memorable day when Maury Wills and Joe Morgan were on the field ... at least it's who I remember the best ... and Joe was giving some pitcher a hard time ... like fouled off a dozen balls ... and hung around the plate long enough to get a walk ... and promptly steal 2nd ... where he and Maury Wills laughed at each other!

Next inning, Maury Wills returned the favor ... fouled off so many balls that the pitcher must have thrown at least 20 balls at him ... and he got a walk and promptly stole 2nd. And he and Joe looked at each other and laughed!

Vin Scully had a party on that day ... discussing how many balls were sprayed all around! And the jokes about it, were endless! I think he called it the Joe and Maury Show!

Edited by moshkito - October 13 2020 at 08:09
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 08:41
As a 7 or 8 year-old just getting into baseball, the Big Red Machine were the best team in baseball, and thus I became a fan of the Cincinnati Reds.  Being from Detroit, the Tigers have always been my favorite team, but Cincy has always been my favorite National League team.  RIP Joe Morgan.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 11:11
Timo Ketola, best (should be) known as the designer of Opeth's logo passed away. He was only 45. Unhappy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 15:11
RIP Conchetta Ferrell of "Two and a Half Men" fame. You were an actor of good comedic timing and skill. Also memorable in Adam Sandlers Mr Deeds
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 117>