Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thought Chamber release second album “Psykerion”
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThought Chamber release second album “Psykerion”

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thought Chamber release second album “Psykerion”
    Posted: August 07 2013 at 15:44
For Immediate Release

THOUGHT CHAMBER's Sophomore album “Psykerion” via InsideOutMusic - Reveal cover artwork!

Los Angeles, CA - Progressive Metallers THOUGHT CHAMBER are finally back with a new release, following up on their acclaimed debut album “Angular Perceptions” from 2007. The U.S. based group named their second album release “Psykerion” and it will be released on September 16th, 2013 in Europe and on October 1st, 2013 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

Next to guitarist and composer Michael Harris as well as vocalist Ted Leonard (also in Enchant, Spock’s Beard and Affector), THOUGHT CHAMBER’s ranks of skilled players now also feature Bill Jenkins (also in Enchant) on keyboards, Jeff Plant on bass and Mike Haid on drums. 

THOUGHT CHAMBER’s mastermind Michael Harris checked in to comment about the new album as follows: "We're all very excited about finally releasing 'Psykerion'! A lot of changes have occurred in the band since our first record. Beyond Ted & I, we now have Mike Haid on drums, Jeff Plant on bass and Bill Jenkins on keyboards, who all did a stellar job and are all great guys on top of that, so our chemistry is perfect. 'Psykerion' is a concept record - a sci-fi human drama - musically yielding everything from prog-metal to jazz-fusion to acoustic."

Psykerion” contains 16 tracks / 64 minutes of superb true progressive metal with a technical sci-fi twist, likely to appeal to fans of Dream Theater, Yes, Rush or Planet X. The album’s cover artwork, which can be seen above, was designed by John E. Holland / MistyMountainGraphics.com. The album was recorded in various locations between 2012 and 2013 and finally mixed and mastered by Tom Size (Y&T, Aerosmith, Mr. Big, Enchant) at Tomland Studios, Pacheco, CA.

More details about “Psykerion” and some first music samples will follow in the coming weeks…

THOUGHT CHAMBER Line-Up:
Ted Leonard - Lead vocals
Michael Harris - Guitars, keyboards, harmony vocals
Jeff Plant - Bass
Bill Jenkins - Keyboards
Mike Haid – Drums

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2013 at 15:58
Cool beans!!!  I loved the first album, and it is one of those albums that I used to like to recommend to people looking for something new in the progressive metal field.
the lighthouse keepe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2013 at 18:02
Tongue CAN'T WAIT! (Suppose I'll have to) Anything with Ted Leonard involved in gets Handshake as far as I'm concerned.
 Post Reply Post Reply