Topic ClosedThe return of Iluvatar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The return of Iluvatar
    Posted: November 24 2013 at 13:46

From the site of 10T Records comes an announcement about another great comeback after Clepsydra and Collage:

''10T Records is thrilled to announce the signing of ILUVATAR to its roster of artists. The Baltimore, MD-based band return in 2014 with “From the Silence,” their first album of all-new material in over a decade! Featuring all of the signature elements that fans expect, this new release proves that Iluvatar have lost none of the epic grandeur that made them a modern prog legend.

Also in 2014, the entire long out-of-print Iluvatar back catalog will be available again in newly re-mastered formats. “Iluvatar,” “Children,” “Sideshow,” and “A Story Two Days Wide” have been re-mastered by producer Jeff Hodges (Man on Fire, FROMUZ, Farpoint, Shadow Circus), who is mastering “From the Silence” as well.

Iluvatar first grew to prominence in the progressive rock renaissance of the early nineties, which led to them gaining a worldwide reputation for their dynamic take on melodic symphonic progressive rock. In addition to numerous headlining shows, Iluvatar have played before progressive rock fans at bothProgScape 94 and 96 in Baltimore, one of New York City’s ProgNights in 96, ProgDay 96 in North Carolina, and ProgEast in Quebec Canada. They played to packed theaters in Buenos Aires, Argentina in September 1997, and performed in Mexicali Mexico at BajaProg 98NEARfest 2000 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and RosFest 2009 in Philadelphia, PA.

On “From the Silence” Iluvatar consist of longtime members Glenn McLaughlin (vocals, percussion), Dennis Mullin (guitars), Jim Rezek (keyboards), Dean Morekas (bass, bass pedals, backing vocals), and Chris Mack (drums, percussion).

“We are pleased and excited to be a part of the 10T Records family of artists,” says Dean Morekas. “10T provides us with support and cutting edge distribution, unlike most conventional labels. After all this time, we are anxious to return to the progressive scene, enthusiastically partnered with 10T!”

“I have been a fan of Iluvatar since buying their first 2 CDs online back in the 90s,” says 10T Records president, Steve Carroll. “I couldn’t be more excited to have a hand in bringing their new material to fans, and to be able to make their amazing back catalog available again is really a highlight for 10T.”

“From the Silence” by Iluvatar, and the band’s back catalog, are targeted for release in the first quarter of 2014.  Keep an eye on the 10T Records website for further updates.''

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
Battlepriest View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2013 at 18:41
Awesome! Iluvatar were one of my favourite 90s bands. I remember chatting with Glenn back then, and he was a great guy. I've always appreciated musicians that weren't ashamed of the prog label.
The Shrubbery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 07:57
one of the best prog bands i've ever listened. to. Children should be up there with the best neo-prog albums in history as far as i'm concerned.
Let's make Prog a family again. Tired of Snobbery and trolling. We all have a right to love what and who we love so lets respect and appreciate all who care about the finest music in the world... prog
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2013 at 12:23
EXCELLENT! More great NEO!!!!!!!!!
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2013 at 22:37
Great news. I look forward to the rereleases as well as the new one. In particular I feel that "Children" is a classic of neo prog. 
 Post Reply Post Reply