Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2022 at 21:11
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

There are some good deals on vinyl online during this holiday season... I snagged a few, but more funds are needed...
Agree.....just made a BlueNote list for the fam as the whole site is 20% off, great jazz LPs for $22 beans.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2022 at 21:17
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

There are some good deals on vinyl online during this holiday season... I snagged a few, but more funds are needed...
Agree.....just made a BlueNote list for the fam as the whole site is 20% off, great jazz LPs for $22 beans.

Got a whole bunch of represses to compensate for records that I either don't have or wanted a cheaper version to play:

Ordered:

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love 2018 repress
Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts 2022 repress (Finally, I have this one on vinyl!!!)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Yeah Yeah Yeahs 2022 repress
Joni Mitchell - Blue the remastered 2022 repress

These were all pretty cheap compared to the median discogs price, so I figured I got a pretty good deal, especially Pawn hearts was roughly around 25$.

Edited by King of Loss - December 06 2022 at 21:22
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 04:55
Hmmmm, unless the Mrs got me a pizza for christmas...

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 08:50
What did you get? Smile
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 10:52
Ask me AFTER christmas. (she has possession of it).
Well, to be honest, I'll post something after christmas anyway as I'm expecting at least one more. Wink

Edited by JD - December 07 2022 at 10:53
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 12:44
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Could be a scone made out of vinyl.....Ermm with a cup of tea maybe...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 12:51

Got a whole bunch of represses to compensate for records that I either don't have or wanted a cheaper version to play:

Ordered:

Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts 2022 repress (Finally, I have this one on vinyl!!!)

These were all pretty cheap compared to the median discogs price, so I figured I got a pretty good deal, especially Pawn hearts was roughly around 25$.
Good ones!! I have a 1972 US original Pawn Hearts on Charisma label, pretty good shape still bought it 20yrs ago for $3 LOL.
Let me know how that Joni~Blue sounds.....

I bought me a NM++ of Thriller/Michael Jackson early 2nd press with MJ as co-producer on back, only $25 plays excellent. I have my OG but it's pretty well roached now and I have a 2015 version press at MPO (digital cut I'm sure) but sounds great as well.
Nephew wanted to get me the MoFi one but I told him nope...too spendy for a digital version. It's amazing how well this album was recorded and mixed back in 1982, and having Bernie Grundman master it was icing on the cake.

I don't expect many records for Christmas, just nothing out there I really want. I do have my new turntable on the way though........Clap
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 16:11

Obviously you zoomed in on the seller's name. Clap
That's why I Photoshop'd our address out.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 16:24

Obviously you zoomed in on the seller's name. Clap
That's why I Photoshop'd our address out.

No need to zoom in, your pic was very clear....besides I know you live next door to 24 Sussex....
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 18:52

Ordered:

Good ones!! I have a 1972 US original Pawn Hearts on Charisma label, pretty good shape still bought it 20yrs ago for $3 LOL.

I bought me a NM++ of Thriller/Michael Jackson early 2nd press with MJ as co-producer on back, only $25 plays excellent. I have my OG but it's pretty well roached now and I have a 2015 version press at MPO (digital cut I'm sure) but sounds great as well.
Nephew wanted to get me the MoFi one but I told him nope...too spendy for a digital version. It's amazing how well this album was recorded and mixed back in 1982, and having Bernie Grundman master it was icing on the cake.

I don't expect many records for Christmas, just nothing out there I really want. I do have my new turntable on the way though........Clap

Which turntable are you getting? One of those really fancy hifi ones?

The price of vinyl has skyrocketed recently, due to the excessive demand for records. A new record that I bought 10 years ago for 20$ is going for 35$-40$ nowadays for a new repress copy... It's hard to find new records at an affordable price these days....

Edited by King of Loss - December 07 2022 at 18:55
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 20:24

Ordered:

The price of vinyl has skyrocketed recently, due to the excessive demand for records. A new record that I bought 10 years ago for 20$ is going for 35$-40$ nowadays for a new repress copy... It's hard to find new records at an affordable price these days....
Oh yea, records have increased for sure!! Especially versions that are out of print now, big bucks. 
New table is the Project Xtension 10 Evolution Olive finish, I been saving for that one. Ignore the MSRP, I paid nowhere close to that. I don't like posting my gear anymore too many 'round these parts get their panties in a wad and think I'm some rich dude.
I get good deals on records from LaserCD and Tower Records, and I buy from Discogs. What is expensive is records like 1st pressings and obscure stuff, progressive rock is always expensive especially the 70's records...

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 22:08

Ordered:

Oh yea, records have increased for sure!! Especially versions that are out of print now, big bucks. 
New table is the Project Xtension 10 Evolution Olive finish, I been saving for that one. Ignore the MSRP, I paid nowhere close to that. I don't like posting my gear anymore too many 'round these parts get their panties in a wad and think I'm some rich dude.
I get good deals on records from LaserCD and Tower Records, and I buy from Discogs. What is expensive is records like 1st pressings and obscure stuff, progressive rock is always expensive especially the 70's records...

That's like much better than my turntable at least. I own a U-Turn Audio Orbit....Wink Thinking of upgrading the cartridge to an Ortofon 2M Blue from Red though, which would make it sound much better.

The out of print progressive rock records are sometimes over 500 dollars each.....Confused

Edited by King of Loss - December 07 2022 at 22:16
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2022 at 10:46

Ordered:

That's like much better than my turntable at least. I own a U-Turn Audio Orbit....Wink Thinking of upgrading the cartridge to an Ortofon 2M Blue from Red though, which would make it sound much better.

The out of print progressive rock records are sometimes over 500 dollars each.....Confused
If you can go for a Nagaoka MP200, has a better stylus cut and uses a boron cantilever, you'll get more info out of the grooves. I have one, used it before I made the jump to moving coil carts....very nice.

Dang, just looked at pricing. I think I paid like $230 several yrs ago, $400 now!! Sheesh....

Huh, try finding a Harvest 1st press of DSOtM with A2/B2 or A3/B3, those go for 4 figures Shocked...
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2022 at 13:26
^ I think inflation has risen everywhere, not just in vinyl sales... It is understandable that something almost doubled, especially with the increase in demand of vinyl. It has skyrocketed during the Covid period especially.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2022 at 14:27
I'm selling off another batch of my collection; mostly singles (which i only originally bought for 'completist' reasons) to help pay for some work i have to do on my car and house.
I'm really not looking forward to the day (it'll have to come sooner rather later, sadly) when i break in to selling off my real gems, first press UK late 60's/ early 70's first presses  Cry but have got to downsize and help prop up the finances at Cosmic villas!

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2022 at 14:39
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2022 at 16:59
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

I'm selling off another batch of my collection; mostly singles (which i only originally bought for 'completist' reasons) to help pay for some work i have to do on my car and house.
I'm really not looking forward to the day (it'll have to come sooner rather later, sadly) when i break in to selling off my real gems, first press UK late 60's/ early 70's first presses  Cry but have got to downsize and help prop up the finances at Cosmic villas!
I'm a buyer but postage from across the pond this past 2 years has prevented me from doing the business I used to with KScope and Burning Shed. Used to buy a lot from them both.....

I'd suggest posting your gems on Discogs and you should get very good prices from UK buyers.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 05:06

I'm a buyer but postage from across the pond this past 2 years has prevented me from doing the business I used to with KScope and Burning Shed. Used to buy a lot from them both.....

I'd suggest posting your gems on Discogs and you should get very good prices from UK buyers.

CheersThumbs Up 20 years ago (and more) i used to import lots of promos, radio station 'banded versions' and other sealed, deleted etc etc lps from the States.. the exchange rate was really good then, sellers were accommodating about getting the best shipping deals.. i had some good contacts for a while.. but thats been done with for a good while very sadly. I bought lots during the vinyl 'slump' in the 90's and stashed stuff away. About 30% is my absolute pride and joy which i will never sell; the rest was to sell off for a rainy day. Been slowly selling bits and pieces to fund house projects and help the kids out. Now i'm hoping to retire a bit earlier due to health issues so gotta speed up the sell off. Brexit (and general world stuff) has completely shut down all the markets outside the UK.. i was getting some GOOD prices from Asia and Russia. 
I have got a discogs account but havent put anything up for a while.. thanks for the reminder, i'll re-visit it.Smile 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 05:07
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

True, so trueLOLWink

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 07:58

CheersThumbs Up 20 years ago (and more) i used to import lots of promos, radio station 'banded versions' and other sealed, deleted etc etc lps from the States.. the exchange rate was really good then, sellers were accommodating about getting the best shipping deals.. i had some good contacts for a while.. but thats been done with for a good while very sadly. I bought lots during the vinyl 'slump' in the 90's and stashed stuff away. About 30% is my absolute pride and joy which i will never sell; the rest was to sell off for a rainy day. Been slowly selling bits and pieces to fund house projects and help the kids out. Now i'm hoping to retire a bit earlier due to health issues so gotta speed up the sell off. Brexit (and general world stuff) has completely shut down all the markets outside the UK.. i was getting some GOOD prices from Asia and Russia. 
I have got a discogs account but havent put anything up for a while.. thanks for the reminder, i'll re-visit it.Smile 
Post a link to your Discogs store once populated, at least I can window shop and you never know....

Contact this guy in Germany, he is more about buying original pressings. If you have NM stuff especially prog, psych, kraut, electronic he may be a buyer. Michael has his own advertising firm and seems to do very very well $$$$. His audio system is probably $200K.........Shocked 

Edited by Catcher10 - December 09 2022 at 07:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 312>