Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBread Love and Dreams David McNiven today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bread Love and Dreams David McNiven today
    Posted: September 15 2014 at 22:05
As a huge huge fan of their 3 albums from 1969/1971 (Amaryllis being one of my all time favorites), this was a huge treat to find these videos of what David McNiven (their lead singer/guitarist) has been doing in the last few years.

Yes he's 32 years older now and I wish they would do a reunion.   But if he's continuing to do this, I'm so glad for him and it's just great to see how the kids are being benefited.

He's helping to teach disabled children in Scotland how to play music.

Kudos to him.   Makes me love those 3 albums of his even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2j2Da-G2c&t=1m17s

and here he's the white haired guy sitting in the back watching over some of the kids he's teached   :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omCWAX9najY

I hope you enjoy these videos as much as I did....   This was a treat to see considering I never knew what had happened to them/him since their last album in 1971.

I'd fly across the Atlantic ocean to Scotland just to see him and Angie Rew (she's still alive and married to him) perform Amaryllis (even if they made mistakes  :-) )....    Amaryllis is the best darn acid folk album I know (and I have the classics like Jade, Spirogyra, Synetasia, Donovan, Midwinter, Incredible String Band, Subway, etc..)...

Edited by progbaby - September 16 2014 at 22:32
progbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 22:21
Also, this is the only known video out there of his wife Angie Rew after the bread love dreams days....

I don't find this video all that entertaining as it was some parody from a scottish tv program.   Came out in 1978.

She's one of the 3 ladies (in the middle).

But from a nostalgic point of view, it's interesting to see her "post Bread Love and Dreams".   This song of her's is totally unlike anything she did with Bread/Love and Dreams  :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8Qps5ZYzM&t=20m26s

Edited by progbaby - September 15 2014 at 22:24
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 10:43
I know I keep banging on about this but it is possible to post hyperlinks and/or embed YouTube videos. I'm sure more people are likely to check them out if they just have to click on a link.

progbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 22:30
Thank you!!

I appreciate your response.    Great idea.   I will try and go back and do the other ones!!!

Regards,
progbaby

Post Reply Post Reply