Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJade Warrior Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 12:17
As far as use in soundtrack without band's knowledge let alone permission, don't unclear copyright situations sometimes allow that to happen? I don't know that much about the way creative property rights work in the music business and media overall, but I can imagine that passing over if the film in question's made by the media company as holds the rights to the music in question depending on how the band's contract is worded.

(indeed, haven't some record contracts been terminated over situations like that?)
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 14:08
Yes they have indeed, but a band that is living in poverty and must focus more on the pull of domestic life, sometimes doesn't do anything. I have a friend who was a progressive writer in the early 80's and he's institutionalized ..while people continue to post his music on Youtube without his consent. A common situation which occurs today, but nevertheless..he couldn't care less because he's insane. 
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 13:47
Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

Yes they have indeed, but a band that is living in poverty and must focus more on the pull of domestic life, sometimes doesn't do anything. I have a friend who was a progressive writer in the early 80's and he's institutionalized ..while people continue to post his music on Youtube without his consent. A common situation which occurs today, but nevertheless..he couldn't care less because he's insane. 
Quite a shame. Very sad.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 04:01
For a long time I didn't know that both the 98' albums Eclipse and Fifth Element were material from the 70's, now that I got both I must say that Eclipse is an excellent album!!, I highly recommend it to any fan of the band.
I find all the important ingredients of Jade Warrior are there, all those beautiful ethereal reverbed flute and piano sounds and of course Duhig scorching dirty guitars! I'm so glad they dug it out.

I haven't focused on Fifth Element just yet, I've heard it about twice maybe and it sounds a little less interesting than Eclipse but of course time will tell.

So any fans of these albums around here?
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 11:52
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

For a long time I didn't know that both the 98' albums Eclipse and Fifth Element were material from the 70's, now that I got both I must say that Eclipse is an excellent album!!, I highly recommend it to any fan of the band.
I find all the important ingredients of Jade Warrior are there, all those beautiful ethereal reverbed flute and piano sounds and of course Duhig scorching dirty guitars! I'm so glad they dug it out.

I haven't focused on Fifth Element just yet, I've heard it about twice maybe and it sounds a little less interesting than Eclipse but of course time will tell.

So any fans of these albums around here?

I've always thought of Released as my favorite, but Eclipse has really been my number one choice to go to in the past year or so. It has the the very Tull-like guitar and flute combination, the World Music percussion. Havard's lyrics were always top notch in my view, but they get more modern, introspective, mature and less flower child sounding (not that that's bad). It's a real shame they were just sat on by the record company.

Edited by HackettFan - December 17 2014 at 21:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123