FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg Like You've Never Heard It Before

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prog Like You've Never Heard It Before
    Posted: February 15 2016 at 15:46
Ever had the experience of hearing a prog album in a new source that you hear things in the recording you never heard before, what with remastering/remixing, etc.? (I'm sure you have)
                    I had that happen recently with a used lp copy of Winter Day's Nightmare by RPI band Libra-I had previously only heard the music on a Canadian Motown lp pressing, and now the lp I have bought recently and heard is an incredible experience compared to that previous pressing I got so used to.
                  Also had an old Canadian lp pressing of Jean Luc Ponty Experience-Open String, and bought the new CD re-issue and it is like a whole new experience.
                       Someone recently got me in the know about "Japan mini lp CD" and there are several recordings I have in that format now and it is almost like hearing a whole new album. Recordings like-

Wishbone Ash-Argus
Beggar's Opera-Act One
Nektar-A Tab In The Ocean
Pell Mell-From The New World
Mahavishnu Orchestra-Birds Of Fire
Flash-Flash
Banco-Io Sono Nato Libero
Passport-Second Passport
Soft Machine-Bundles

Isn't it great when you previously think you have heard "the last word" in a record, only to be pleasantly surprised by what you had heard in a different pressing that you didn't realise was missing?

Edited by presdoug - February 15 2016 at 15:53
 Post Reply Post Reply