Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg oriented radio programme (in Finnish)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prog oriented radio programme (in Finnish)
    Posted: April 27 2017 at 03:54
I've started a pretty cool hobby*: I'm making a series of music programmes for the local radio of Tampere University. Big smile  Radio Moreeni can be listened on the net: http://radio.uta.fi/ - see the link "Radio Moreeni On Air" on the right side.

My programme is titled Aamunkoiton porteilla ("At the Gates of Gawn") and it's broadcast every second Thursday at 7 p.m. (I'm sending this post at noon 12:54 local time, so it will be 5 p.m. Greenwich(?) time), repeated the following Tuesday at 9 a.m

Today, the flying-themed second part will feature e.g. ABBAShocked, Rush, BJH, Tori Amos, Kansas and Tangerine Dream. Of course my brief talking between the tracks are in Finnish, but since the music is in the lead role, some of you might find some interest in it. If so, feel free to give some feedback or to ask further details.
By the way, also you can participate in the "competition" to recognize the opening tune (by a 70's prog band). The winner may choose a song to be played in some later part of the series. (Please use Private Message if you're very quick to name the song.)

*) No payment involved; the idea for the programme was thrown by the radio when I was interviewed there for my Prog Finlandia book in November.

Edited by Matti - April 27 2017 at 05:04
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 12:54
Cool! I'll be sure to check it out. Thumbs Up
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 13:31
Nice, I'll try to catch it one of these Thursdays. Thumbs Up

(BTW, I'm pretty sure I sat behind you yesterday in Metso - red hoodie, beard, long hair tied up, babbled something about the central library numbers (really forgot the actual question while waiting for the mic to reach me, I hope I made some sense)).
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 05:08
Thanks for your comments. (Naturally I remember you, Pekka, from the meeting.)
Here are track lists for the 1st and 2nd programmes:
#1 (Opening tune) / YES: Wonderous Stories / GENESIS: The Serpent (excerpt); Fountain of Salmacis / ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Cask of Amontillado / SARMANTO & HAPUOJA: Syksy / PETRI PETTERSSON: Lentoon / CAMEL: The Snow Goose / JEFF WAYNE: Forever Autumn / BO HANSSON: Sagan om ringen -excerpt / ISILDURS BANE: Sagan om ringen - Overtyr / FRUUPP: Gormenghast (edited) / AARDVARK': Uusi kantele / PETER GABRIEL: Mercy Street.

#2  (Opening tune*) / ABBA: Eagle / RUSH: Countdown / MOODY BLUES: Floating / BJH: Hymn / TORI AMOS: I Can't See New York / LAIBACH: Across the Universe / 1occ: I'm Mandy, Fly Me / MIKE OLDFIELD: Five Miles Out / STRABS: Flying / KANSAS: Icarus, Borne on Wings of Steel / [MMEB: Eyes of Nostradamus; an ex tempore filler] / TANGERINE DREAM: Cloudburst Flight.

Edited by Matti - May 09 2017 at 09:23
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 01:56
In the next programme (this Thursday 5 PM Greenwich time) I'll play only Finnish prog (more or less prog anyway) from the recent ten years, mostly around the year 2012 actually. For example Moonwagon, Discordia, Suomen Tulli, Pax Romana, Kuusumun Profeetta and Siinai. There are also several bands NOT featured in PA.

This programme will be the last one this spring, my series will continue in the autumn.

Edited by Matti - May 09 2017 at 09:22
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2017 at 23:34
My radio series has come to the sixth programme. Sorry for not informing you about the last two programmes; one of them circulated around the theme of time (Bowie, Nektar, Ambrosia, Happy the Man, Saga, Jukka Gustavson, etc.) and the other was entirely dedicated to the Canterbury prog.

This Thursday (12th October) at 5 PM Greenwich time you can listen to my programme from radio.uta.fi.
Prog is not very strongly present this time, as I play songs full of melancholy and emotion.
Artists include e.g. Kate Bush, Vangelis, Nits, Supertramp, Jane Siberry, Tears For Fears, Jon Anderson, Van der Graaf Generator and Camel.

(A little feedback would be most welcome if you happen to listen to it! It's in Finnish, of course, but my speech parts are pretty short anyway.)
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2017 at 02:23
Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

In the next programme (this Thursday 5 PM Greenwich time) I'll play only Finnish prog (more or less prog anyway) from the recent ten years, mostly around the year 2012 actually. For example Moonwagon, Discordia, Suomen Tulli, Pax Romana, Kuusumun Profeetta and Siinai. There are also several bands NOT featured in PA.

This programme will be the last one this spring, my series will continue in the autumn.

I missed this at the time but would love to hear it, is that still possible?
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2017 at 05:22
^   Sadly these programmes cannot be listened to afterwards. (There are some copyright reasons concerning the music.)
The second broadcast is always on the next Tuesday morning at 7 AM Greenwich time, if you miss the Thursday's broadcasting.
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 23:52
One hour and a few minutes from now, there's the second broadcast of the 7th episode of my programme. It's all British folk-rock and folk-prog from the classic period. Tune into radio.uta.fi "On Air". Feedback would be nice if anyone happens to listen...
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2017 at 02:51
I think I just missed it.  Wished I hadn't.  Damn, next time.  Do you have a thread here for it?) --

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2017 at 04:21
Hi Matti, if you want some of my music, just ask. Had a lot of prog rock radio play. Pretty much like Tangerine Dream. 

https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/

Post Reply Post Reply