Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Tangent freaks thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2022 at 02:33
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

The sines are looking good for The Tangent. Thumbs Up

LOL
Sines. Very good.

I remembered sines and cosines from my schooldays. They reminded me of that Barry Manilow song with the unforgettable cringeworthy lyrics:- "Bermuda Triangle, Makes my woman disappear, Bermuda Triangle, Don't go too near, Looking at it from my angle, Do you see why I'm so sad, Bermuda Triangle, Very bad!." Tongue

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
RockHound View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockHound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 18:27
The Tangent is really great-I think of them as the world’s most obtuse band. And in the world of Prog, that’s a real distinction. I have everything up to Le Sacre du Travail, so I have some serious catching up to do.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2022 at 01:31
Originally posted by RockHound RockHound wrote:

The Tangent is really great-I think of them as the world’s most obtuse band. And in the world of Prog, that’s a real distinction. I have everything up to Le Sacre du Travail, so I have some serious catching up to do.

Your in for an incredible musical journey experience enjoy.

Music Is Live

<
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2022 at 01:55
I do enjoy Andy Tillison's social and political commentary a lot especially on Proxy which draws comparisons between Nazi Germany and Brexit. The guy is seriously witty and a great musician to boot!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2022 at 02:06
Another bout of the worst miscarriage of justice as. I haven’t listened to a single album of. The Tangent or Andy’s solo albums argh!

Music Is Live

<
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2022 at 19:55
I just read an article in Prog about Andy Tillison and Tangent's new album, and he mentioned that he would like to work with Neal Morse on a project, but he doesn't know if Neal even knows who he is.  His comment was how even though he is an atheist, he admires how Neal writes what he wants to write about and he think that it would be interesting to see what he, an atheist, and Neal, a devout Christian, could come up with working together.  

Edited by rushfan4 - October 03 2022 at 19:55
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 00:44
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I just read an article in Prog about Andy Tillison and Tangent's new album, and he mentioned that he would like to work with Neal Morse on a project, but he doesn't know if Neal even knows who he is.  His comment was how even though he is an atheist, he admires how Neal writes what he wants to write about and he think that it would be interesting to see what he, an atheist, and Neal, a devout Christian, could come up with working together.  

It’s an interesting concept the two of them share ideas on the subject of religion. But if my memory serves correctly Neal as said he would need to as God if he should commit to working with Andy.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2022 at 07:04
Get ready “The Tangent” have a live compilation album coming out and you can pre-order it from the band’s official website
1)      LIVE ALBUM PRE-ORDERS AVAILABLE NOW!!

Pre-Orders are now available for a Live Compilation Album “Pyramids, Stars and Other Stories” on 2CD and 3 x Vinyl to be released early in 2023!!

There is a bespoke link here not currently available to the general public to enable the band’s most loyal supporters a head start to purchase limited items, please don’t share the link on public forums or in news articles. If you are desperate to buy right away click the link, otherwise please read on because there is lots to tell!!

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2022 at 08:13
THE TANGENT TO HEADLINE WINTERS’ END FESTIVAL IN CHEPSTOW UK APRIL 1ST 2023

Music Is Live

<
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2022 at 12:23
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Get ready “The Tangent” have a live compilation album coming out and you can pre-order it from the band’s official website

Pre-Orders are now available for a Live Compilation Album “Pyramids, Stars and Other Stories” on 2CD and 3 x Vinyl to be released early in 2023!!

There is a bespoke link here not currently available to the general public to enable the band’s most loyal supporters a head start to purchase limited items, please don’t share the link on public forums or in news articles. If you are desperate to buy right away click the link, otherwise please read on because there is lots to tell!!

I don't see any link in your post or on the band's website. Also, is this a reissue of the 2005 official bootleg album? Maybe with some bonus stuff?
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2022 at 02:00
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

I don't see any link in your post or on the band's website. Also, is this a reissue of the 2005 official bootleg album? Maybe with some bonus stuff?

Sorry the link didn’t come through properly here. And my apologies as you’d need to be member of the bands facebook group to get the link. So if you’re interested in purchasing the album you’ll need to contact them directly on Facebook.

Music Is Live

<
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2022 at 15:29
^ Sorry, I'm not on Facebook.

I just want to know the difference between this new release and the 2005 official bootleg CD. Thanks!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2022 at 00:13
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ Sorry, I'm not on Facebook.

I just want to know the difference between this new release and the 2005 official bootleg CD. Thanks!

Ok. It’s the complete album remastered by Andy himself plus other live recordings of the band over the years is what’s being released.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2022 at 00:21
I’m still thinking that out of the last three albums. I think that Proxy is my. Favourite one.

Music Is Live

<
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2022 at 04:45

I’m still thinking that out of the last three albums. I think that Proxy is my. Favourite one.
I agree! Proxy is the last great album by The Tangent.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 04:31
Today, I listened to In Darkest Dreams again. One of the things I miss about early Tangent is the tag-team approach to lead vocals and those rich vocal harmonies.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 08:08
I love all 12 albums!!! What a great band.
The Prog Corner
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2023 at 15:02
I've just noticed one passage from Love is the Only Answer (TFK) sounds uncanny like another one from In Darkest Dreams (Tangent).

8:38 timestamp

3:14 timestamp

Same instrumentation (piano, flute, bells) and very similar melody. Did Roine Stolt borrow (or reference) a portion from one of his previous projects? Hmm...
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 14:42
The Prog Corner
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456