Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Ocean Mumbai 12.1.19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ocean Mumbai 12.1.19
    Posted: January 14 2019 at 04:20
German post metal band The Ocean performed at The Habitat in Mumbai last Saturday. They were promoting the new album mainly. Unfortunately I don't know the tracks well enough to be able to say what all they played. But I can tell you they were insane. And every friend or acquaintances of mine felt likewise. They struck an amazing balance of intensity, humour and warmth. They all but dispensed with between-tracks banter, relentlessly serving up a wall of brutal metal track after track. But when we began to cry out for an encore, the drummer got off the stage and joined us in chanting, "one more song"! He also stood at the exit and shook hands with each one of us as we left. If I had to name one element that really made the band, it would be the drummer. His fills were amazing. He wasn't just heavy, he laid groove after groove to keep us engaged. But the singer was amazing too. Not losing pitch even when he crowdsurfed. All round an unforgettable gig for me. I have seen Iron Maiden, Scorpions and Satyricon but this was hands down the best metal show I ever attended. A friend of mine who has also seen Opeth, PoS and Megadeth too said nothing else compared.
 Post Reply Post Reply