Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nektar touring.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nektar touring.
    Posted: February 13 2020 at 16:35
Well here they are, touring north east US and Toronto Ontario.
I am tempted to go.New album I have listened to a fair bit,and it's excellent.
I may go to the Toronto show.
Anybody catching them on this tour.?
Shake & bake.
jgfergus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgfergus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 16:56
Yeah...I just found out that they are playing Toronto. And judging by the reviews of the new album I should make the effort to see them. No telling how much longer Mo and Ron will tour. Hoping they will have the 2LP vinyl of the new album to buy at the show.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 19:03
I saw them play in Cambridge, MA. They were pretty cool live for sure!
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 06:23
OK I saw Nektar on the Evolution tour.  I was glad to see Roye back in action.  I just have to sigh that the band hasn't retired but still I have an open mind and am now going to check out their latest in streaming.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 09:14
Hi,

I saw the original twice in their first two excursions to America ... and while it would be nice to catch this, I don't think that Nektar is coming to the West Coast ... and being able to see them again, is a no-go. 

I haven't heard anything from the new album, and all I have to do is put on "Sounds Like This", and that was what I heard in concert, and probably the best band I ever saw where the studio and concert stuff was the same, not different!

I have one ... weird bit, though .... I'm not sure that the light show will be half as good as it was way back when, and ... that today's audience can appreciate it as much as we did then. And it wasn't about the dope, either ... it was just a nice/neat light show that was much more focused and designed than the haphazard stuff that the Fillmore and a few other places made famous!

Edited by moshkito - February 21 2020 at 09:16
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply