Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nick Masonīs Saucerful Of Secrets Tour 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nick Masonīs Saucerful Of Secrets Tour 2020
    Posted: February 20 2020 at 01:19
No idea of the other tour dates, but why I started this thread THEYīRE IN FINLAND 12.6.2020 and I got two tickets from there to my wife & me!!!!
Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2020 at 02:33
I can't wait to see them.  I was supposed to go to Leicester early May but now delayed until October.  I am sure it will be worth the wait.  Mason has outflanked ALL the old first tier prog bands with this wonderful initiative.  
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 06:49
They are releasing a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray set documenting their 2019 set, which I was fortunate to go see last year in Atlanta.

I pre-ordered the set and was told it would ship on or around April 15th. No word yet, though. I’m curious if anyone else had pre-ordered it, and if so, have you received yours or heard any news as to when it would ship?
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 08:12
Hi,

I saw PF in the Hollywood Bowl (1972), in LA for the DSOTM tour, and then in Anaheim for the Animals tour and finally for TW in LA. In between, also went to a special screening of TW film in SF before it was cut up to be closer to the album, which in my mind hurt the story ... the stuff that had clarified what was most of side 1 and 2 that involved the father and the war. But the idea and thought of Vera Lynn is completely valueless for many listeners today ... that probably even think it doesn't belong there and could be cut along with other bits to make it a single album, not a story or double album!

Of all the musicians, in that band, the two that I enjoyed the most and appreciated the most were the drummer and the keyboard player ... and their work was fantastic, clean and very subtle ... you could not even make out the far out jazz'y bits inside, or the snare'less (thank god!!!!!) drumming by Nick, which was making such an incredible feel to the music ... when all the rest of the drummers in the world went strictly to the snare for time keeping (and copied Bill B senseless), because they were not educated enough to do anything else!

To see them today, and I enjoyed tremendously the video and will get the DVD, would make me cry ... because there was a lot out there in those days, from an artistic perspective that means a lot to me, that is not about dope, or crap ... it's about the spirit of creativity ... something that fans these days don't like because they want the chops and the solos, and couldn't careless for the music anyway!

I admit that, if anything, it will make me cry because I know "their time" (specially for that music!) is gone, and Nick will depart us one of these days, and I will cry some more. At my age, I want to be able to appreciate and honor these folks, and crying in these situations, is more about me, than it is about them, and my way of honoring them is writing these things ... so seeing this again, would be a nice door closing for the music for me, but a sad closing ... because so much of that music is gone, and no one is interested in even trying because that metronome drummer prevents the music from flying away ... and no one gets it ... least of all bands that have the ability to do something about it and instead get another human metronome ... the most disgusting thing in rock music, and a waste of a musician!

Edited by moshkito - May 14 2020 at 08:15
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 18:34
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

They are releasing a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray set documenting their 2019 set, which I was fortunate to go see last year in Atlanta.

I pre-ordered the set and was told it would ship on or around April 15th. No word yet, though. I’m curious if anyone else had pre-ordered it, and if so, have you received yours or heard any news as to when it would ship?
To answer my own question, I did some research (pulling it up on Amazon... pretty clever, eh?) and it looks like its new release date is September, in case anyone cares.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 18:37
Hell yeah I care God Damn You!!
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 23:05
Finlandīs gig was removed year away from the original date (so was Yes gig), but I am glad theyīre not cancelled.
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2020 at 03:40
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I saw PF in the Hollywood Bowl (1972), in LA for the DSOTM tour, and then in Anaheim for the Animals tour and finally for TW in LA. In between, also went to a special screening of TW film in SF before it was cut up to be closer to the album, which in my mind hurt the story ... the stuff that had clarified what was most of side 1 and 2 that involved the father and the war. But the idea and thought of Vera Lynn is completely valueless for many listeners today ... that probably even think it doesn't belong there and could be cut along with other bits to make it a single album, not a story or double album!

Of all the musicians, in that band, the two that I enjoyed the most and appreciated the most were the drummer and the keyboard player ... and their work was fantastic, clean and very subtle ... you could not even make out the far out jazz'y bits inside, or the snare'less (thank god!!!!!) drumming by Nick, which was making such an incredible feel to the music ... when all the rest of the drummers in the world went strictly to the snare for time keeping (and copied Bill B senseless), because they were not educated enough to do anything else!

To see them today, and I enjoyed tremendously the video and will get the DVD, would make me cry ... because there was a lot out there in those days, from an artistic perspective that means a lot to me, that is not about dope, or crap ... it's about the spirit of creativity ... something that fans these days don't like because they want the chops and the solos, and couldn't careless for the music anyway!

I admit that, if anything, it will make me cry because I know "their time" (specially for that music!) is gone, and Nick will depart us one of these days, and I will cry some more. At my age, I want to be able to appreciate and honor these folks, and crying in these situations, is more about me, than it is about them, and my way of honoring them is writing these things ... so seeing this again, would be a nice door closing for the music for me, but a sad closing ... because so much of that music is gone, and no one is interested in even trying because that metronome drummer prevents the music from flying away ... and no one gets it ... least of all bands that have the ability to do something about it and instead get another human metronome ... the most disgusting thing in rock music, and a waste of a musician!

Thanks for sharing your memories and thoughts on this. I'll make sure to pay more attention to Mason next time I crank up PF. Thank you again.
Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2020 at 05:05
Update: UK tour dates now shifted to next year (2021) - tickets still valid for most shows and dates added!!  I did wonder if October was a bit too soon for the re-arranged dates...
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 10:31
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Hell yeah I care God Damn You!!
I knew you would care, Ian. Good man.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2020 at 18:40
Received today!
Get it while you can.
Vinyl/CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/8-Track/T-shirt/Poster

-Kehlog Albran
 Post Reply Post Reply