Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Quotes, Proverbs etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 00:45
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." -Kurt Vonnegut 

"When in doubt, make no sense. No sense is good. And nonsense is good." -Genesis P-Orridge

"I admired anyone who could unsettle people." -J.G. Ballard

Edited by Hiram - December 30 2021 at 00:52
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 18:18
Posted this before, I think , but....

"If you think you know what's going on then you are probably full of sh*t."
RAWilson (self styled guerilla ontologist)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 18:30
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can't see it, you'll never make it through the night"

- General Leia

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 18:40
"Never believe totally in someone else's BS and  never believe totally in your own BS."
RAWilson

(BS stands for belief system)
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 17:55
fhfhfhfhgfh

Source: twitter.com
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2022 at 01:23
Deleted

Edited by Archisorcerus - July 22 2022 at 04:05
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2022 at 02:59
"There's a safety in thinking in a diner. You can have your coffee or your milk shake, and you can go off into strange dark areas, and always come back to the safety of the diner." - David Lynch 
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2022 at 11:50
Alan Watts when asked why he was a vegetarian....."Because cows scream louder than carrots"
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2022 at 12:25
LOL That's a good one. 

Here's another one from David Lynch. Both this and the one I posted last are from his book Catching the Big Fish. Here goes:

"I don't necessarily love rotting bodies, but there's a texture to a rotting body that is unbelievable. Have you ever seen a little rotted animal? I love looking at those things, just as much as I like to look at a close-up of some tree bark, or a small bug, or a cup of coffee, or a piece of pie. You get in close and the textures are wonderful." 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2022 at 11:30
This has to be the quote of the decade...

Known only by her code name - Charcoal - photos have emerged of the sharpshooter with her face obscured by a scarf. So far, the Ukrainians aren’t providing details about her kills against the Russians. But she has been clear on her thoughts about the invaders.

“These are not people. The Nazis were not as vile as these orcs,” the sniper reportedly said of the Russians. “We will definitely win. Personally, I will stand to the last!”

I love that !

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2022 at 07:36
"Superiority complex is often the cause of inferiority." — Archisorcerus

Edited by Archisorcerus - June 22 2022 at 06:11
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2022 at 00:55
“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like bananas.”
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2022 at 14:52
"Prejudice is often an exploited word that is commonly used when one does not like another's sound judgment." — Archisorcerus
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 10:40
"One who pontifies oftenly can never learn things to a turn or nicety." — Archisorcerus
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2023 at 04:07
Ralph-Waldo-Emerson-quote-Character-is-higher-1000x508
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678