Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why does everyone hate The Battle Of Epping Forest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why does everyone hate The Battle Of Epping Forest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 12:51
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Not everyone hates this song. In fact, most of us actually love it! Tongue

Some of us are just bored with it but I understand why it exists. However the general flow of an album is important to me and I'm not convinced that it really helps in that regards. Too much stopping and starting. 2 minutes turns into an extra 7 minutes or whatever . Yep its prog but all I hear is messing about.

Ok. But have you got bored with "understanding" yet? I gotta know? 😎
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 01:23
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

After careful review of this thread, all I know for certain is that I'm breaking the leg of the b*****d that got me framed.
They called me The Reverend, when I entered the Church unstained....

My employers have changed but the name has remained...

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:03
I was contemplating my listening habits regarding the early to late 70's, when I only had about 30 to 40 vinyls in my prog collection....I didn't get bored with any track even though repetition was far more prevalent than now that I have thousands of CD's to spin...but that much wider selection has made me appreciate the mid 70's classics even more not less...supoose thats just me though...
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 13:07
It´s an absolutely brilliant song...

...the only song on that album which should have been left off is "More Fool Me". Even for the more pop oriented Genesis tracks, it´s a bit of a boring stinker...I´ll take 80s Genesis any day over that one...
POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 19:23
I think it’s brilliant too. I somewhat agree about More Fool Me. I don’t think it’s particularly good, but I’m not too offended by it. I dislike the tedious chorus of I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) more.
Sir Rugglesby III View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Rugglesby III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 05:44
Totally agree. I love Supper's Ready and I really like Battle of Epping Forest, for a while it was my favourite song on the album.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567