Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deep Purple New Album 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deep Purple New Album 2020
    Posted: May 14 2020 at 20:36
Being one of the early pioneers of modern heavy rock music it looks like Deep Purple MAY have once again gone back to their pre-IN ROCK early years where they were churning out physc/progressive albums such as Shades of Deep Purple (I really hope so)

I just noticed that the new Deep Purple album Whoosh! is already up on progarchives. 

It is set for release August 7, 2020

There was an interesting article in Billboard after there were some complaints that they had 'accidentally' released a Pandemic-Appropriate Song 'Man Alive'

I look forward to the release in august as they really were on of the first heavy rock bands that paved the way for metal and all that came after. 

Edited by tigerfeet - May 14 2020 at 20:42
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 20:39
It was originally to be released in June, but because of the present world situation, it was postponed until August. I personally always liked their music, and I'm looking forward this release.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 21:04
Gillan sounding great !! Looking forward.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 21:40
They finally went prog. Hard to believe that the band has been around 52 years and 3 Mark II members are still on board.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2020 at 03:59
Gah another album postponed, I really dig the two singles though! One of the most important bands in developing my taste and love for music.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2020 at 04:15
Originally posted by tigerfeet tigerfeet wrote:

Being one of the early pioneers of modern heavy rock music it looks like Deep Purple MAY have once again gone back to their pre-IN ROCK early years where they were churning out physc/progressive albums such as Shades of Deep Purple (I really hope so)

I just noticed that the new Deep Purple album Whoosh! is already up on progarchives. 

It is set for release August 7, 2020

There was an interesting article in Billboard after there were some complaints that they had 'accidentally' released a Pandemic-Appropriate Song 'Man Alive'

I look forward to the release in august as they really were on of the first heavy rock bands that paved the way for metal and all that came after. 

nice song, thanks for posting it. 

I wouldn't read billboard articles, on the same page with DP, they present some mumble rap crap, which makes me go look for facepalm memes, but whatever...
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 20:40
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

nice song, thanks for posting it. 

I wouldn't read billboard articles, on the same page with DP, they present some mumble rap crap, which makes me go look for facepalm memes, but whatever...

whisper to self, 'do not go to billboard again' - then do the walk of shame Wink

Edited by tigerfeet - May 18 2020 at 19:26
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 02:43
Originally posted by tigerfeet tigerfeet wrote:

Oh no. A rock group release socially relevant music. How terrible.

If they don't they're out of touch if they do they're capitalizing on covid.

There's yer cancel culture.
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 09:41
It's a pretty spectacular album, which reminds me that I have to review it in the near future.
Adaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 09:56
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

It's a pretty spectacular album

It really is good.  I rank it up there with Purpendicular and Now What?! as the best of the Morse era.  
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 09:59
Originally posted by Adaon Adaon wrote:

Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

It's a pretty spectacular album

It really is good.  I rank it up there with Purpendicular and Now What?! as the best of the Morse era.  

Same three for me as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply