Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - new prog podcast vid interview series Gentle Giant
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new prog podcast vid interview series Gentle Giant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadCr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new prog podcast vid interview series Gentle Giant
    Posted: July 07 2020 at 13:31
Hi all,

Thought I'd just drop a quick link in here promoting my friend's new video podcast series 'Communication Breakdown' that he's just launched with a series of interviews with classic prog musicians during lockdown.
He's got new interviews coming up over the next few weeks with Nektar, Focus, Curved Air and Wishbone Ash to name a few.

The first episode interviews Gentle Giant frontman Derek Shulman, and you can find it broken down into individual segments or as a full interview.

On The Upcoming Gentle Giant Virtual Reunion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7MgmFTw-s

On The Idea Behind 'Octopus': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIlFMu2b6n0

On When Syd Barrett 'outed' Simon Dupree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPMS4yYsfs

He's also released it on Spotify as an audio podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/4wNhrgOcpNSsqOpLRBymof?si=cnicFIu_RSeAb89pVVi7nA

His plan is to catch up with as many of the classic bands as possible during and post-lockdown to see what's up with them in this current stage in their careers. From there he's planning to move into different eras and genres. Give it a watch and see what you think!

Edited by MadCr - July 07 2020 at 13:40
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 14:11
This is great, many thanks indeed. Gentle Giant are a band I have only started to listen recently and want to know more about them. Sure that will enjoy exploring these links. 
Good to be reminded of the Simon Dupree and the Big Sound  connection, think that the single 'Kites' is lovely. But I can see how the band got tired of it and the fact that they got associated with the one song. 
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 13:48
I have subscribed to this channel. Just been watching the Thijs Van Leer  ( Focus) interview. Excellent 
Love the story about how Focus got locked up in Spain after going a bit wild in a hotel. 

Thanks again for posting. 

Edited by Droxford - July 26 2020 at 13:50
MadCr View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadCr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 03:42
Glad you enjoyed it! He's just released an episode interviewing Martin Turner of Wishbone Ash this week:

Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 12:59
Yes noticed the Martin Turner interview . Wishbone Ash are a band that I am not familiar with. 
But great to see that the Communication Breakdown channel has interviewed Nektar ,

Originally posted by MadCr MadCr wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it! He's just released an episode interviewing Martin Turner of Wishbone Ash this week:

Post Reply Post Reply