Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Henry: Portraits from Tudor Times - cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsoncrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Henry: Portraits from Tudor Times - cover
    Posted: July 13 2020 at 06:20
A brief immersion in the music of another of my favorite musicians - Anthony Phillips. The words are powerless to express the depth of his music. If you like the performance, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel and listen to my other performances with covers and original music. Thanks in advance!

Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2020 at 18:47

Clap Clap Clap 

Sounds beautiful..   and love the piece you chose..  (is that a standard E tuning?) 

Will check the channel.

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2020 at 20:03
That was a great job.  Thank you for sharing.
Crimsoncrow View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsoncrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 04:31
Originally posted by Machinemessiah Machinemessiah wrote:

Clap Clap Clap 

Sounds beautiful..   and love the piece you chose..  (is that a standard E tuning?) 

Will check the channel.

Thanks for your attention! Yes, the guitar is tuned in a standard E tuning. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsoncrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 04:34
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

That was a great job.  Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for your nice words! Prog on!
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 07:01
Thank you! One of my favorite prog songs ever from one of my favorite prog albums ever!
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 07:47
Hi,

So pretty ... it's a shame that the rock world is more attuned to a screaming guitar than it is to something so beautifully composed and created. 

Totally excellent, and Anthony Phillips is one of the best in my book, and I have over 10 of his CD's ... and would like to have more, and I will always love and appreciate his working for having allowed us (Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts) to use one of his songs for a poem when we did an AUDIO version of the poetry monthly. 

You know right away where the artist's sentiments are, and I honor him for that.

Your rendition, for me, is beyond words ... but you really can tell, right away, that GENESIS knew that if they were to "make it" they had to go into an edgier rock area, not into the clean and very well produced folksy area of music ... and those are my thoughts, though I wish that they had been able to match the two elements better, instead of giving up on AP ... but given what AP has done in 45+ years ... he has nothing to prove ... he is the pure artist! 

And you are no less, for playing something like that so beautifully!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsoncrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 14:05
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Thank you! One of my favorite prog songs ever from one of my favorite prog albums ever!
Thank you, BrufordFreak! This album is very deep in my heart!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crimsoncrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 14:29
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

So pretty ... it's a shame that the rock world is more attuned to a screaming guitar than it is to something so beautifully composed and created. 

Totally excellent, and Anthony Phillips is one of the best in my book, and I have over 10 of his CD's ... and would like to have more, and I will always love and appreciate his working for having allowed us (Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts) to use one of his songs for a poem when we did an AUDIO version of the poetry monthly. 

You know right away where the artist's sentiments are, and I honor him for that.

Your rendition, for me, is beyond words ... but you really can tell, right away, that GENESIS knew that if they were to "make it" they had to go into an edgier rock area, not into the clean and very well produced folksy area of music ... and those are my thoughts, though I wish that they had been able to match the two elements better, instead of giving up on AP ... but given what AP has done in 45+ years ... he has nothing to prove ... he is the pure artist! 

And you are no less, for playing something like that so beautifully!

Thank you very much, moshkito! 
I fully share your opinion that Ant is an extremely pure and original artist. I really like Genesis's music, even when there are only three left. I don't want to compare them. :) It's just that Ant Phillips' music is so beautifully cleansed of all pomp and it radiates so much humanity and deep emotion. 
At the risk of disappointing you, I will say that the screaming rock guitar also touches me in its own way. :)
 However, I think you're right that especially in more modern music there is more demand for aggressive and intrusive sound or too polished modern sound and somehow forget about the beautiful melodies combined with rich and colorful harmony.
Prog on!

Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 16:04
Lovely - thanks for sharing! One of Ant's finest moments
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsoncrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2020 at 10:28
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

Lovely - thanks for sharing! One of Ant's finest moments

Thanks for your attention, Squonk19! Ant's discography is very large - over 30 albums and in all periods of it you can find wonderful compositions.
 Post Reply Post Reply