Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Savatage albums ranked from worst to best

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savatage albums ranked from worst to best
    Posted: August 10 2020 at 07:51
As it says on the tin, im going to rank all of Savatage's albums from their worst album to their best album, im my opinion of course lol.

Dungeons are Calling (1985)

Well as there is not a single song i like on this album, it easily makes last place lol

Fight for the Rock (1986)

This was the album they attempted to go more mainstream on, and it didnt really work. Ive only had a good listen through this album only the once though, and no song stuck out to me. Might give it another go sometime, so maybe im being a bit premature in rating this album.

Sirens (1983)

This beats Dungeons are Calling, because at least i like the title track song. But shame the rest of the songs are rubbish.

Gutter Ballet (1989)

Their first album attempt at progressive metal, and its not a very good start. I only like the title track of this album, the other songs didnt impress me at all.

Edge of Thorns (1993)

Good...........now we are starting to get somewhere. The first album that contains more than 1 likeable song. There's about 4 on this album. It contains Zack Stevens as vocalist on all the songs

Dead Winter Dead (1995)

Narrowly beats Edge of Thorns. This album like the above, contains about 4 good songs, but they have more punch behind them than the 4 songs on Edge of Thorns. Some of the songs like I Am, have Jon Oliva singing on them.

Power of the Night (1985)

The first album in the classic heavy metal era to contain more than 1 likeable song on. There's about 4 or 5 good songs on this album, and the production quality on here is noticeably better than their first 2 albums

Streets (1991)

The second album in the progressive metal era. On this album the band went for shorter songs, but more songs, which i think worked better. There's some great songs on this album like Believe and Tonight He Grins again. They certainly had their best foot forward more on this album than Gutter Ballet.

Wake of Magellan (1997)

One of the bands better albums in the progressive metal era. Some good songs on the album like the title track and Another Way.

In the Hall of the Mountain King (1987)

The bands last album in the classic heavy metal era. And they ended that era on a very good note with this album. Some good songs on this album like the title track and Strange Wings. If every classic heavy metal Savage album was as good as this one, i would easily call Savatage one of my favourite classic heavy metal bands of all time.

Handfull of Rain (1994)

Narrowly looses first place spot to Poets and Madmen. Some good songs on this album. Chance is a great well written masterpiece, but Poets and Madmen contains more good songs on, which is why it wins.

Poets and Madmen (2001)

The bands last album, and widely considered one of their best. My favourite Savatage album. Only narrowly beats Handfull of Rain though. Some very good well written songs on this album. Shame Gutter Ballet wasnt as good as this
 Post Reply Post Reply