Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Pendragon's Love over Fear a concept album?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Pendragon's Love over Fear a concept album?
    Posted: September 03 2020 at 10:30
Is Pendragon's Love over Fear a concept album? I've been listening to it recently - in fact right now I'm in the guitar solo of Truth and Lies - all the tracks seem to flow into each other. It also has a recurring lyrical and musical theme of the sea - and it also has recurring musical motifs. Is it a concept album? I've never seen anyone mention whether it is or not... Confused 
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2020 at 12:15
No. it is a collection of songs with a common theme, but not telling a singular story.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2020 at 12:37
^ What lazland says. To me it seems like this anyway.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 02:12
It was greatly inspired by Nick and Rachel's move to Cornwall, hence 360 Degrees (everything is green and blue) and lots of mentions of water and seaweed but I've not seen any mentions of it being a concept album, I don't think it is. There are recurring themes (e.g. the opening of the first track is the melody from Starfish and the Moon).
Great album.
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 10:38
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

It was greatly inspired by Nick and Rachel's move to Cornwall, hence 360 Degrees (everything is green and blue) and lots of mentions of water and seaweed but I've not seen any mentions of it being a concept album, I don't think it is. There are recurring themes (e.g. the opening of the first track is the melody from Starfish and the Moon).
Great album.
Yes, I think Everything is supposed to be like Rush's Overture, there are several themes in it that occur later in the album - most obviously in "Eternal Light" at about one and a half minutes into the song. I did a five star review on it recently - I originally was going to give it four stars, but after doing the review I realised there was nothing wrong with it. You're right, great album... avatar not changed, though... 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 10:52
Answer: nope.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2020 at 09:41
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Great album.
Yes, I think Everything is supposed to be like Rush's Overture, there are several themes in it that occur later in the album - most obviously in "Eternal Light" at about one and a half minutes into the song.

It's very well done, I'd played the album quite a few times before I noticed the recurring bits.

And you can't change your avatar coz I've already nabbed it.Wink

Edited by chopper - September 06 2020 at 09:42
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 04:10
The keyboard solo in Truth and Lies is the same as the one in the end of Afraid of Everything
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 10:26
^Yes, it's a good outro.
 Post Reply Post Reply