Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This Place is a Zoo #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these songs about zoo animals is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.86%]
4 [11.43%]
7 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
2 [5.71%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [22.86%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 07:32
I set this up as a playlist on my iPhone, and I think that it is kind of fun to listen to.  I am one who generally listens to entire albums and entire discographies of bands, which generally I enjoy doing, but there can be a certain tedium to this.  I tend to find listening to albums that are entirely instrumental to be kind of boring to be honest and bands and albums can have a kind of sameness about them when listening to their discographies.  They really can't help that to a certain extent.  A vocalist's voice is a vocalist's voice and there are only so many ways that they can make it sound.  And generally the instrumentalists have their own styles which might change a bit from song to song or album to album but they are generally still playing the same 3 or 4 instruments.  Making a playlist like this, these may not be the best songs on their respective albums but by pulling them out into a different environment I think it helps them stand out a little more.  As an example, I'm not really a big fan of the Ozric Tentacles.  I'm not sure why.  I like pretty much everything I've heard from them but I never feel the urge to pull out an Ozric album, but when this song comes up in this rotation, I'm like, "hey that's pretty good...who is that?"  Right now, I just had that same effect with the GranTorino album.  Any how, I just thought I would share those thoughts and I am curious if anyone else enjoys creating playlists like this.

Edited by rushfan4 - September 15 2020 at 07:32
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 10:57
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

To try something new, I have created a YouTube playlist of all of these songs if this makes it easier for people to listen to the songs.

Nice! I like playlists. Listening through it on shuffle but in background as I work. I'll vote on the one that catches my ear the most after I get through. So far, the post rock track "Arrival of the Rhino" caught my attention and the Lounge Lizards.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2020 at 18:34
That Lounge Lizards song is good musically and you have to chuckle at the lyrics.  LOL
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2022 at 07:48
Can't see Jadis go pointless..
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2022 at 09:01
Tiger Moth Tales
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12