Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error messages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error messages
    Posted: September 27 2020 at 14:12
Lately I've been getting error messages after trying to post that say "error message 520" or something like that and "web server is running an unknown error." Has anyone else been getting these? It's very frustrating and makes me want to post a lot less. It reminds me of the captcha thing from about a year and a half ago and is imo just as bad.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 27 2020 at 18:28
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 17:27
Yes, but I don't know what's happening. Whether the site program might be updated or get overloaded at the time you accessed ...

Actually it's annoying we usually have such an issue.
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 17:29
I've had that issue several times.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 17:32
Yes, intermittently for the past week or so. Doesn't even have to be when posting, it occasionally comes up when I move around the forum. It is annoying. 
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 17:38
The site was updated a while back and there have been some changes on all of Max's site. From my experience the changes have not been good.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 23:03
Yes, me too. I also sometimes get that message in the quick reply box (and other times I'm not allowed to write in the QRB as well). 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 10:12
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Yes, me too. I also sometimes get that message in the quick reply box (and other times I'm not allowed to write in the QRB as well). 
On cue! I just clicked on this thread and I saw exactly that in the quick reply box.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 11:46
It's becoming a real nuisance for me so I probably won't be posting much(if anything at all) in a while. I'll check back in a month or so. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 16:24
The only solace is a quick refresh will usually resolve it (although sometimes multiple refreshes are needed) but it is massively annoying and is definitely a drag on the forum experience as a whole. 
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 12:41
I just took a literal 25 attempts or so to get my post into the Listening thread, getting one variation of four different errors each time. My cache was cleared already. What the hell is going on?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 13:23
I have yet to experience it on any of my devices, and while using different browsers (Safari, Opera, Chrome). Took a long for Captcha to catch me too, but when it did, it was with a vengeance.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 14:47
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

I just took a literal 25 attempts or so to get my post into the Listening thread, getting one variation of four different errors each time. My cache was cleared already. What the hell is going on?

Yes...i may have spoken too soon in my post above. Over the past three or so days this has really gotten out of control. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 12:34
This needs to be sorted out. I can't access PA from a mobile device without getting this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply