0 [0.00%]
5 [8.33%]
13 [21.67%]
1 [1.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 11:52
Arena
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 12:32
Damnation
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 13:01
Kaipa for me.
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 15:49
Huge fan of this year, so many amazing releases for me and "Gravity" tops the list but OSI, OPETH and KING CRIMSON are right there too.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2021 at 04:41
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

TMV.

Missing... Dream Theater, Enchant, Frogg Cafe, and Coheed & Cambria.
As for Dream Theater, I am trying to avoid the most obvious albums from each year, as this would make the poll meaningless, giving no chance to other albums. That's why you see 'Stand Up' by Tull as the winner for 1969 and not ITCOTK.
As for Coheed, I am only using 15 of the slots, and it's hard to include everything. I tend to include albums from bands that I know or like; In this case, I am not a big fan of Coheed and Cambria.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2021 at 05:06
Kayo Dot over TMV, KC, and OSI.
Artik View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Artik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2021 at 06:02
There is only one king, the crimson one :)
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2021 at 06:09
If 2003 is supposed to be "one of the strongest years for progressive music in the 21st century" than it explains why I very much turned my back on prog in that period... Most of these sound very formulaic to me.
Fortunately, there is still The Power To Believe. KC were one of the few who were still progressive in the true sense of the word. In my modest opinion, of course.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 09:26
I am more than happy to see 'The Power to Believe' is winning! Amazing record by one of the prog rock titans.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 19:18
Opeth.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 20:01
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

TMV.

As for Dream Theater, I am trying to avoid the most obvious albums from each year, as this would make the poll meaningless, giving no chance to other albums. That's why you see 'Stand Up' by Tull as the winner for 1969 and not ITCOTK.
As for Coheed, I am only using 15 of the slots, and it's hard to include everything. I tend to include albums from bands that I know or like; In this case, I am not a big fan of Coheed and Cambria.
Cool dude. I'm just doing what you requested (see below). I'll refrain from suggestions and comments in your future polls.

As usual, pick your favorite album out of the 15 you see in the list, leave a comment and give some suggestions for other great albums released that year.
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 21:16
Anekdoten followed by No Man and Kayo Dot.

ANother great record was the debut of Riverside 2Out Of Myself"
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 02:06
Lars Volta
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 09:46

TMV.

Cool dude. I'm just doing what you requested (see below). I'll refrain from suggestions and comments in your future polls.

As usual, pick your favorite album out of the 15 you see in the list, leave a comment and give some suggestions for other great albums released that year.
That is what one could expect from a grumpy prog fan. LOL
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 17:45
Arena!!!

Contagion is a beast. Not just in germ theory either. ;)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2024 at 13:05
gentle bump! Smile
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2024 at 16:27

De-Loused in the Comatorium
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2024 at 16:37
Anathema if only for the haunting vocal of Lee Douglas on the title song. The younger sister of band drummer John, she eventually joined full time and heavily contributed to their classic albums We're Here Because We're Here and Weather Systems. 
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2024 at 02:31
Arena - Contagion
King Crimson - The Power To Believe
Anekdoten - Gravity
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12