Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish - Vigil's End

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabbacc108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish - Vigil's End
    Posted: December 21 2021 at 15:32
Did anyone else watch the Vigil's End livestreamed show this past Friday?

I enjoyed it quite a bit, in spite of Fish's obviously-reduced vocal range. The two Marillion covers (He Knows You Know, and Fugazi) were both extremely strong, and easy highlights of the show. The opener, Grace of God from Weltschmertz, was a bit weak, and an inauspicious start, but things ramped up from there, with gung-ho renditions of the tracks from Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors (the title track being particularly strong) interspersed with a smattering of selections from Weltschmertz (the title track from that album being another strong highlight).
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2022 at 09:02
Hi,

I hope to see this sometime. Always liked FISH and his work, and in my estimation he has as much great work as his former band. Sadly, folks are not as enthused about how FISH expresses his ideas as opposed to Marillion. FISH is much more of an actor in the microphone than his counter part, who is more of a singer.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply