Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roger Waters - TD Garden Boston, July 12 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roger Waters - TD Garden Boston, July 12 2022
    Posted: July 13 2022 at 19:25
My son & his girlfriend took gave me and her father tickets to this show for Father's Day last month.   
I had seen The Watersless Pink Floyd a few times, and they were good, but Roger takes the spectacle and the music up a few levels.

Upon arriving, it appeared that the stage, in the center of the arena, was blocked off into 4 sections, each with a few instruments and microphones set up.   Large walls separated each of these sections.  

Our seats were in the 7th row from the stage in one of these sections, which containing a few guitars and microphones. 

I asked a woman who was part of the stage security about how this is going to work, and she said, "Don't worry, you are going to love those seats."

2 female singers and 2 guitarists walked on to the section of stage is=n front of us, and the show began...

Messages appeared on the walls, which turned out to be gigantic LED screens.  
Roger began singing and playing "Comfortably Numb" from another section we couldn't see. As the music rose, so did the walls, revealing the entire band.  At this point, Roger was facing away from us, singing and playing guitar.  The band did an exceptional job playing both Pink Floyd classics, as well as Water's solo material.  While each of the three guitarists (one was Dave Kilminster, who I had seen in Keith Emerson's band) did a decent job of starting each solo imitating David Gilmour's signature style, they were all talented enough to take the guitar solos soaring.

Waters, at the age of 78, was in great form.  His voice is still very strong, and his performance was outstanding. 
By the way, when the screens lifted, they revealed a fifty-foot walkway on each of the long sides of the stage.  When Roger came our way, he was about 6 feet away.

Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2022 at 00:16
Nice report and sounds like you had a great time.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
LAWeiner View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAWeiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2022 at 05:29
I wish I could have been there
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2022 at 07:07
Very nice review, thanks. Whatever one may think about Roger as a person, he has done some amazing stuff, and I'd easily take "Is This The Life We Really Want" over any post-Waters PF.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2022 at 04:28
Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your experiences on a great night out!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
LAWeiner View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAWeiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2022 at 10:52
We are going to see the show in Orlando on August 25 at the Amway Arena.
 Post Reply Post Reply